Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow RUSHMORE ROADGLIDERS...please show us your windscreens...tell us why you went with it...tells us what it does/does not do for you...and because it's relevant, tell us what handlebar you're using and what seat you're riding on, what headgear you're using, and how tall you are...help me and others make intelligent purchase decisions of the available aftermarket windscreens for our own RUSHMORE ROADGLIDES...or not ;)

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with a 12" Windvest and feel it suits my needs great. I'm 5-9 but ride a little taller. I called them and spoke with them and they told me that a 10" might fit me better and offered to make an 11", which would have been fine. I went with light smoke and have taken it out on several 200+ mile rides so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went with the 14" Klockwerks sport flare in dark smoke. i did it because the stereo was useless even after stage one upgrade, and wind in my face was terrible. I am 6'4 and use 12 inch Vindikta bars and a Mustang vintage wide touring solo seat. It is perfect for me. I use an Akoury AK-88 Matte no peak helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I originally went with a light smoke 12" Wind Splitter from HD, but I made the rookie mistake of not demoing the windshield so it is now sitting in the shop.

I'm 6'1" and using a Hammock seat, so it didn't take me long to realize I need to go a bit taller as I was taking every bit of the wind straight to the face and my ol' lady was taking a beating on every ride. I don't wear head gear, but my prescription glasses are Oakley, so they provide a nice slight wrap around style that usually helps quite a bit.

Upgraded to the light smoke 15" Wind Splitter two days later and things have been great since.

I'm still running factory bars for now, but I'm expecting my Carlini bars in any day now and will hopefully be running 16" Gangsters in the very near immediate future.

This first pic is the day we bought her and shows the 12" shield on. Sorry it's not the best of views for displaying the windshield.

This second pic still isn't the best, but it has the 15" shield on.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
I also went with the Klockwerks 14" sport flare in dark smoke.
As far as my bars go I went with the LA Coppers 13" Twin Peaks.
BTW the stock cables & wiring work on these 13" Twin Peaks.
For me this is a perfect setup. The wind is just over the top of my helmet and the Apes are very comfortable for my lower back. Here are a couple of pictures.
Swomack

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
593 Posts
14" smoked Windvest. I'm also using a seat from an Ultra (much more cushioned, probably makes me sit an inch taller in the saddle). Tried the 12" Windvest and it just didn't feel like it blocked enough wind at highway speed. I'm only 5'9", 30" inseem, running 14" Wild 1 Chubby ape hangers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm running a 14" Freedom Shield. Love it. No buffeting at all. Cigar ash stays on with vents open. Close the vents and get some air movement. Ahhhhh
Running stock bars and a Ultra Seat thats been to MCC, 1" up 1" back

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I'm running a 14" Freedom Shield. Love it. No buffeting at all. Cigar ash stays on with vents open. Close the vents and get some air movement. Ahhhhh
Running stock bars and a Ultra Seat thats been to MCC, 1" up 1" back

Steve, is that the clear or light tint? Just ordered a light tint the other day for mine in 14".

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think another good question is.... How do you guys have your air vents configured most of the time? I like my top one closed and the bottom two open.
Works great for me and my new little 9" Klock Werks. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I'm not sure how these taller shields are not working out for some of you guys. Wind from the front of my bike goes right over my helmet with this shield. I didn't want to take away from the looks of the small stock shield so this one works great for me.

Anyway how are you guys riding with your air vents??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.