Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill apologize if there is already a thread for this.

Has any one put the new rushmore bags on a older Shark?
if so can you give me any tips and tricks?

thanks

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Ill apologize if there is already a thread for this.

Has any one put the new rushmore bags on a older Shark?
if so can you give me any tips and tricks?

thanks

All you have to do is adjust the mounts.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I elongated the holes on the front mounts by about 3/8". Then you just have to loosen the fronts up and set the bags in place, then tighten down the brackets. I also replaced the quarter turn pins with bolts and body retainer clips. It gives a little more wiggle room and they are more secure than the quick release pins.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed back bolt first loosened front mount started forward bolt and tightened front mount.. i also switched to nut plates and bolts.
you can find them at hardwood store or if i remember HD small parts has the set. Love the new bags.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have any of yall ran an old stlye tour pack with the new bags?

I'm wondering about clearance opening and closing the new bags.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a 2012 Ultra with the king tour pak. No clearance issues at all. The sales guys at a dealership were looking at mine with the new bags and were surprised because they had been told that the new bags wouldn't open with the old tour pak. I never even considered the possibility, to be honest. I suppose I could have raised the pak up on the mounting plate if I needed room.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you get a reasonable deal on the bags and hardware then go for it. Great update. Makes the bags 100% more convenient. Easy to access at a stop light and even my wife can close them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts