Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2016 glide has rust on multiple spots on. Frame , near welds and such and it's 3 months old , is this a common problem? I'm going tomorrow to talk to Dealer but not happy. Also is this under warranty

·
Registered
12 Posts
they will probably just wire brush it and hit it with some black paint. Do it yourself and save time and stress of dealing with morons at a stealership.

·
Registered
976 Posts
By all means take it to the dealer. The bike is only 3 months old. There's no reason why there should be rust on the frame already. To me, it doesn't matter if it's surface rust or through and through. Rust is rust. Sounds like the powdercoating may be porous in some spots, or it didn't stick on the welds. I had some surface rust that was forming on my old 02 FLHT, but that bike was 13 years old before it started, and it was very minor. Hell, I've got a 96 Fatboy and that frame has no rust.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
654 Posts
Holly cow Frank. That sucks. My 06 has a small amount of rust on some frame bolts such as on the muffler bolts, but not on the frame. Must be some issue with the powder coat. How is that going to look in 10 years, let alone in one or two years. I would take it to the dealer, they will say that's normal. You should then inquire how to take this to a higher HD authority to complain.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've got 30K on this one - not spec of rust - had 40K on my other one no rust - I'd take it back and find out why - could have gotten some type of corrosive sprayed on it somewhere / somehow, not everything in a shop is friendly to powder coat.....

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Rust on Frame

If for no other reason, take it to a dealer so you can get it documented. If it is gets worst within the warranty, it has been properly noted.

Just my suggestion

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's at dealer now and they are doing recall and looking into frame, then they gonna let me know what HD says , it's definitely not right at 3 months old, also I'll post pics once I get it back.small spots all over like front motor mount and near swing arm_ few threaded bolt holes

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's at dealer now and they are doing recall and looking into frame, then they gonna let me know what HD says , it's definitely not right at 3 months old, also I'll post pics once I get it back.small spots all over like front motor mount and near swing arm_ few threaded bolt holes
Good for you. Sounds like the dealer is taking the right steps by at least looking at it & documenting it. Keep us posted.
Lil Chief

1 - 10 of 10 Posts