Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who've personally replaced your bars, was there surface rust inside your bars when you received them? Ordered some Arlen Ness bars, returned the first pair for flawed chrome and now the second pair seems to have more rust than I'm comfortable with (really dissatisfied with their quality control).

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wow! That is bad. ...And for the price you'd think they'd at least chamfer the holes ... I always do.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just received a new bar from JSR and they don't look anything like those. I would send them back and go elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Unacceptable. Return them and find another vendor. They charge stupid $$ for handlebars. The least that they can do is provide a quality product.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Looks like them bars were on a bike that got caught in a flood.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I ordered 14" meat hook apes from JSR custom and the quality of Jims work is fantastic. I got these bars for $220 shipped and i can't say enough about how nice they are. 14"X 1 1/4" drilled for internal wiring and powder coated. You might check him out.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, I would be pissed...My guess is that the bar stock was sitting outside before chroming and they have been sitting on a shelf for a while. I know good help is hard to find, but the kid who packaged those up and shipped it to you should be fired.....Try Factory 47 if you are interested in a different company. They have great quality.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
As everyone else has stated, those handlebars are UNACCEPTABLE.
I can't believe that Arlen Ness let them be shipped like that.
Bad quality control in my book.
After vieing them I can say Arlen Ness won't be geting any of my business.
I've had two pairs of Wild 1 Chubby handlebars and they are extremely well made.
Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going a differnt direction...

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was unacceptable and returned both pairs for a refund. Can't wait to see if they try and charge me a restocking fee for a flawed part...I'll be paying close attention.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Klock Werks Kliphangers. Emailed them about galvanic corrosion as the clamps on these bars are aluminum (as were the Arlen Ness'). Pretty sure the chrome plating will resist the corrosion but not convinced it'll prevent it. May end up going the Factory 47 Signature Bar or even the KST Kustoms Renegade route. I do like the polished stainless steel of the KST bars but know it scratches more easily than chrome.

Anyone have comments on the Klock Werks or KST bars? I know there's plenty out there on the Factory 47s.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts