Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute I know but I am leaving the San Fernando Vally and running up to Santa Maria for a sandwich and a T Shirt. I'm leaving around 8:30 AM and taking the 118 west to the 23 north ( grimes canyon ) into Santa Paula. I wi take the 150 to the 33 to the 166 and stop at Santa Maria HD for a shirt and some advise for a good tri tip sandwich. If anybody wants to tag along or meet up for lunch let me know. Also any suggestions for a good sandwich and a cold beer will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I would join you Troy but I will be at work while you're having fun. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
One of my favorite routes. Have fun. Some of us have to work. You should head back across 166 to Cerro Noeste and down to the 5 although they changed the name of Cerro Noeste and i cannot remember the new name.

It drops you down in Frazier Park.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. I've got to work but have fun and be safe. BTW, I'm usually good to go on Saturday rides if I have couple days notice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew it would be a long shot. Sometimes days like this are my best shot at a long ride. I'm in-between shows right now and the one I just finished working on had my weekends pretty much shot. It seemed I was getting off on Saturday morning every weekend. Any way maybe we can get another meet up together after everybody gets back from shark week.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Sounds good to me Troy. Enjoy the ride outta this heat.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Troy,

You don;t say what day your leaving? is it today, 23rd? if so, I guess I need to read the forums late at night. Lol

Have a nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
Riding to work today, it was really really tempting to bypass my exit off the 405 and just continue on up to join you. Hope your ride is a great one, Troy - can't ask for a better day for riding!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Troy,

You don;t say what day your leaving? is it today, 23rd? if so, I guess I need to read the forums late at night. Lol

Have a nice ride.
yeah it was for the 23rd. It was kind of a last minute decision. I might have some days off next week if you want to do some weekday riding let me know I should have a better idea after i get off work tonight.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was a nice ride. 361 miles door to door. It took about 8 hours with lunch and a stop for a T-Shirt. It has been a couple years since I did this route and I had forgotten how nice it is.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Where did you end up eating Tri-Tip?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If any body wants to play hookie on Monday I'm thinking about running Angelus Crest Highway all the way through. I think I sat at back to work full time the first week of August. After that I have no idea what my weekends will look like so that's why I'm trying to get these rides in now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts