Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
S&S106, lifters, push rods, AC. Stock heads. .030 Cometic head gasket. FuelMoto headpipe. CycleRama 575. Mufflers are getting changed out soon, cause the slight dip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't waste your money on new mufflers. That torque dip is minor. Looks like a pretty solid build to me.
Thanks for the compliment
I paid $125 for them and they were chrome and beat up. Sandblasted them for free and a can of VHT primer and paint.
The baffle doesn't go the length of the muffler and is causing the exhaust to "Hangout" in the area in front of the baffle, causing the paint to come off. Looks bad to me, someone else might not care.

Other than that it is solid and runs well.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If that's the case then by all means replace them. I just meant that the torque dip is very minor. I've seen much worse from good quality exhausts. Depending on the mufflers you may actually make things worse.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice build can't wait to put mine together in a few weeks. Which head gasket did you use? Any part numbers?
Don't have a part#. Heath at H&D put together a gasket kit for me. .030HG is all I know

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do the head work it should get you 10 more ponnies
Im not a high rpm guy. My bike might hit 4500 rpm once a month if that. I have spoke to a couple builders and they don't think I will see any benefit from it on the street with how I ride. I defiantly thought about it and did my research. Im going to ride it out till next winter and see. Who knows, I might pull the heads off and change cams next year. However right know it pulls hard right where I want it too.

A good friend of mine has the same bike, 106 also, pulling 120HP and 125TQ. His bike has headwork done, not sure what cam. His comes on a lot later than mine, around 3200-3500 from what I remember from the last time we switched bikes. It defiantly pulls harder than mine but at a higher RPM. My preference is for it to pull hard down low, this influenced my cam selection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts