Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the day off yesterday and drove up to my buddy shop yesterday to pick up my S&S 124. Man this thing is purdy. I dropped it in the frame last night and hauled ass to the neighborhood poker night. I was out until 2am and tried to go to sleep but this thing kept calling my name. I caught a few ZZZZ's and woke up at 7:30 and went straight to the garage to finish this beast. It went very smooth. I had it running by 1pm this ting sounds mean. It hits a lick. Revs very fast and is SMOOTH. I'm following the s&s book about the break in and giving it a few heat cycles.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice, if I have any motor issues that is the route I am going.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Big congrats!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

I just took it on a ride and this thing is a beast. I didn't rev it over 3k and it pulls hard. Torque,torque,torque everywhere. I don't know of I can last 1000 miles lol.

This thing is quiet no weird HD noises. Just smooth and quiet.

Crazy! Curious, what year is your bike?

It's a 2013 I didn't have any motor problems just wanted some power. I tried a 107 with heads and just wasn't happy. It ran great but just wanted more. I was looking to build a 117 but by the time I added everything up this crate motor was a better option.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How was the install with the wiring etc

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

It was a straight swap. It uses all the stock wiring and sensors. I had to get bigger injectors and a bigger throttle body.

I also used the Baker drivetrain primary adjuster and baker throw out bearing.

It was a very easy swap. I would say the hardest part was to pick the motor out of the frame and put it in. I picked it up myself. The stock motor wasn't that heave but that 124 was heavy.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's awesome. What are you doing for tuning?

I'm running powervision with auto tune pro. I got a map from S&S. I'm going to biketoberfest this fall and I think I'm going to visit Doc down in Florida. I'm have to get TTS tuner if I get doc to tune it.

I can't find anyone in the Atlanta area that will tune powervision.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I had a few friends back in the 90s use S&S crate motors. They both loved them and never had any problems out of them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
4k on mine and love it ~ fast on top too :) S&S really wants you to stick to the break in recommendation. Be patient....

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
How hot does that 124 run? I'd love to do this to my bike. Did you guys do a chain conversion? Pretty sure I'd snap a belt with that kind of power.

Warranty will be done in December this year. Maybe Santa will bring me one. This is the absolute last thing I need but I can only imagine the acceleration with that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts