Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
S&S 124 kit on an M8 ?

Bike goes to Sheffer Performance HD in a week or so for a 124 and a Cycle
Rama cam. If I am gonna void my warranty I might as well go all out lol ! Anyone else have a 124 that care to give there thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant that to be a positive statement. I want to see how awesome it turns out! If it turns out to be a disaster I just won't let you live it down, that's all. 😀

Lol well my luck is pretty shitty so it could be a disaster.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ive followed your tuners work for a couple of years. You are good hands.
Save your money, that motor is going to eat back tires

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive followed your tuners work for a couple of years. You are good hands.

Save your money, that motor is going to eat back tires

What fun would that be lol. Hopefully this motor gives me no trouble like the last 2 have. Last 2 were all S.E. parts. This one will be S&S parts. Hope there is a difference.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What fun would that be lol. Hopefully this motor gives me no trouble like the last 2 have. Last 2 were all S.E. parts. This one will be S&S parts. Hope there is a difference.

Meant the eating back tires in a good way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bike goes to Sheffer Performance HD in a week or so for a 124 and a Cycle
Rama cam. If I am gonna void my warranty I might as well go all out lol ! Anyone else have a 124 that care to give there thoughts ?

Any news yet? I just did an S&S 124 bolt on kit with the 475 cam and had it tuned this past Saturday. Turned out nice, 136/140 SAE, just enough to break 3rd gear. I'm sure Durwood will take good care of you.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
S&S 124 kit on an M8 ?

Taking the bike down to him Friday. It will be awhile. Going to send the heads to Cycle Rama and that will take a couple weeks. Did you break 3rd gear on the dyno ? I have heard of a few trans problems with the 124 lately. Are you going back stock or something else ? Daren is a great guy. I have 100 percent faith in him. If the tranny breaks I will have him fix that too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Everything went fine on the dyno but the next day when I took it out for a little test run I didn't get 5 or 6 miles from home when it broke. Not sure how I'll fix it just yet. I'm looking at the Baker Grudge Box but those are pretty spendy. Lol I'd like to find a less expensive fix but I'm afraid if I just repair with OEM parts it may last forever or it may do the same thing again. Gonna have to think on it a while.
I tried to post my sheet in the dyno section but it said invalid file so I couldn't post it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything went fine on the dyno but the next day when I took it out for a little test run I didn't get 5 or 6 miles from home when it broke. Not sure how I'll fix it just yet. I'm looking at the Baker Grudge Box but those are pretty spendy. Lol I'd like to find a less expensive fix but I'm afraid if I just repair with OEM parts it may last forever or it may do the same thing again. Gonna have to think on it a while.

Were you on it hard when it broke? Grudge box is probably what I would go with. Expensive but probably pretty reliable.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts