Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking out the S&S stuff and they have a bolt in 124" kit for the M-8's... So who's going first??? This definitely got my attention would be nice to be on top of a 124" again..

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wait, the new 114 bikes will get a 128” kit soon.
No hurry I'm going at least one more season before I tear into the motor.. Just came across the S&S 124" kit and put it out there.. Are the bottom end's of these M-8's that good they can support these kits??

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So far the bottom ends seem to be holding up just fine. A lot of guys getting a lot of power out of stock cranks. The issues when going big seem to be vent related. Pulling oil into the crankcase and sumping is the bigger issue. HD just released a new oil pump plate to help seal the camchest from the crank and keep the oil where it should be.

·
Registered
408 Posts
No hurry I'm going at least one more season before I tear into the motor.. Just came across the S&S 124" kit and put it out there.. Are the bottom end's of these M-8's that good they can support these kits??
I asked Jamie at Fuel Moto about the bottom ends on their builds and he says that they are stock bottom ends.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
I asked Jamie at Fuel Moto about the bottom ends on their builds and he says that they are stock bottom ends.

Yes, the M8 lower ends are much better than the twin cam's. We have motors in the 160's for Hp with the stock lower ends. We also have FM 124" and 128" kits that will be released this month.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, the M8 lower ends are much better than the twin cam's. We have motors in the 160's for Hp with the stock lower ends. We also have FM 124" and 128" kits that will be released this month.
That is encouraging to hear !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts