Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
DAMN. That's gotta be fun to ride. Congrats on a sweet build Ken.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wear your seat belt... LOL don't want you falling off the back of the bike. congrats and enjoy the POWER!

·
Registered
131 Posts
AWESOME! Dropped mine off at Kiwi yesterday for dyno tuning. Are you running the stock transmission? What about clutch? Did you go with the 66mm Throttle Hog?

Kiwi told me not to ride it until it was dyno tuned. He just wanted it to start and run. Be interesting to compare notes with you over the next year.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
That should be a blast to ride

Reactions: hdnali

·
Registered
468 Posts
With those numbers you are going to need an insider deal on tires! Glad it worked out for you. Great selection on the changes. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AWESOME! Dropped mine off at Kiwi yesterday for dyno tuning. Are you running the stock transmission? What about clutch? Did you go with the 66mm Throttle Hog?

Kiwi told me not to ride it until it was dyno tuned. He just wanted it to start and run. Be interesting to compare notes with you over the next year.
Yes stock tranny. I have a energy one extra disc clutch with there spring and the S&S variable pressure clutch top hat. Yes I have the 66mm throttle hog. I have the 10.8:1 with the 640 cams. If I remember correctly you got the LC with the 585 cams. Either way you will be happy!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes stock tranny. I have a energy one extra disc clutch with there spring and the S&S variable pressure clutch top hat. Yes I have the 66mm throttle hog. I have the 10.8:1 with the 640 cams. If I remember correctly you got the LC with the 585 cams. Either way you will be happy!!!
That's an awesome set up. I did get the LC with the 585's - I ride cross country all times of the year so I figured that was a safer bet for my style of riding. Yours sounds like more fun. I went with the 66mm throttle hog too, stock trans and while i had my clutch replaced recently as well as a heavy duty spring - I'm not sure how long it will hold up. We'll find out soon enough>:) Thanks for the info - be safe out there!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,076 Posts
Well the #'s are 132 Hp and 134 Tq I could not be more excited!!!! This thing is a beast!! Thanks to Eric at D.A.S. performance.
Yup, with those numbers you're going to definitely have to change your screen name to:
Shit Eatin' Grin! Can't wait to see/hear that beast at the T&C in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice numbers!!!! I bet she sprouts wings!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Whatever happened to the break in period for these big builds? Dyno puts stress on a fresh motor, right?

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whatever happened to the break in period for these big builds? Dyno puts stress on a fresh motor, right?
My opinion is that riding a bike for a thousand miles (break in) with a BAD tune will be more harmful than a GOOD tuner doing the break in on his Dyno under the right conditions!! Besides when a reputable builder (30+ years) tells you to tune it right away who am I to question him!?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
My opinion is that riding a bike for a thousand miles (break in) with a BAD tune will be more harmful than a GOOD tuner doing the break in on his Dyno under the right conditions!! Besides when a reputable builder (30+ years) tells you to tune it right away who am I to question him!?
My builder says the same thing, tune it right away

1 - 20 of 22 Posts