Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m reaching out to my fellow sharks I’ve got a 2010 RG custom with a 107 build. heads are stock.I like this motor. Somebody suggested going with 585 S&S easy start cams-and S&S heads,versus my woods 777 I do have a welded crank with chain driven cams that’s a whole other story, I would like to go to gear driven But I want to get the right grind and head combo any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ride safe

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
585ez is a great cam set for a street bike. I run them in my 110. They don't come on till about 3000, but they will pull past 6500 with good heads and and a larger throttle body.

Will they work for you, I have no idea. Depends on compression and what you do with the heads. What they will forsure do, is end any hard starting issues you may have.

I think that IIWY, I'd ride it till winter and then send the heads out for some CNC work and larger intake valves. Swap the cams and throttle body out while its apart.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I have a stock S&S 124 crate motor with the 585 easy start cams. It pulls like a freight train after 3K rpms and will continue to do so right up to 6K+ rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts