Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, as their website does not give a clear answer:

Do the S&S Grand National 4in slip-on mufflers fit the S&S Power Tune dual headers?

Thanks! Anyone running this combo?

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can intermix pipes and mufflers. The screaming eagle exhaust puts the cat in mufflers, so the headpipe size is different, to keep people from running no cat.
I'm running the grand nationals on the stock header, without the db reducer...like them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not sure if they are still this way, but the initial S&S headers for the M8 require 2016 and down mufflers. I have the S&S headers and MK45s and my headers are the same size on both pipes just like 2014 and down. Bottom line is you can use whatever mufflers you want as long as the sizes match.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
There are two different set of Mk45's. M8 sets with the large right inlet, and the old style sets with the small inlets on both sides.

I think the S&S power duals use the old style cans. I would just call them and double check.

There is no advantage to the large left opening, even the oem can is restricted back to 1 3/4 inch inside of the large opening.
The large opening is just about being able to build the head pipe cheaper.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a set of S&S power tune headpipes I took off my 18 when I went to a D&D. They have same diameter on each side, you can run any 16 or earlier style muffler on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts