Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
107 Posts
I had this on my 2020 RGL, wanted to run 14" shocks so I had to get a shorter exhaust. It's a great pipe. I have the quiet baffle in it but you can cut it or completely remove it to tune the sound. Needless to say its still for sale. PM me if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
That's bogus!
EPA most likely. Bet it's going to be popping up on anything that is both EPA compliant and non compliant but looks the same. I'm gonna see if I can't get a black shark and epoxy it over it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Is the marking on both sides? Could they mount reversed, if not marked on both sides?

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
O yea, forgot about the indentations, carry on...

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
A Top Shop rear end would cover it up nicely 😎.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Reactions: Mike U and RFG7680

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I have the special extended bags. Can't see it standing up right. Barely see it on the stand. But fuck this pipe is louder than you think. When in the throttle. Idle and just cruising along its kinda tame. But right on the edge of barking. I immediately put the DB reducer in. I mostly did that for a bit more torque. I'm happy with it so far. Still not 100% healthy and it's only 55 out. Just having Pneumonia I'm not going too far.

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
EPA most likely. Bet it's going to be popping up on anything that is both EPA compliant and non compliant but looks the same. I'm gonna see if I can't get a black shark and epoxy it over it.

Save your old parts.

The EPA ran through the oil burner shops and one of the things they took was customer sales data. Now they are running through the Asian tuner shops targeting the interfaces that allow people to change the tunes in the factory ECM's, and taking customer sales data. The vast majority of the shops are giving the EPA any and everything they want, in return for reduced fines.
While it is not illegal to own these race only items, it is illegal to have them installed on street licensed vehicles. The EPA stance it that even unregistering it is not enough. And it is also illegal to resell the race only items, if they end up on street vehicles.

This all seems a little sketchy and might not be hard for an end user to beat in court. But a Federal charge is going to run you $30K+ if it goes to trial. The EPA has shared the scrubber and egr delete data with CARB. So people who had that stuff sent to Cali might have to surrender it. In Cali it is illegal to own emission defeating devices.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I'll sell all my shit and get started with an old B Model Mack or W900A before I jump through EPA hoops to ride a good running bike.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts