Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one in their shark? Thoughts?

Is it worth $6,200?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Anyone have one in their shark? Thoughts?

Is it worth $6,200?
No I don’t have one but don’t forget to consider supporting mods. $6200 is not the end of your journey. You’re going to need a throttle body, clutch, tuner, exhaust, dyno tuning...it’s going to add up fast. Much more affordable to build what you’ve got.

·
Registered
216 Posts
HELL YEAH IT'S WORTH IT!

Here's a Dyno of my bros RGS S&S 124" with KJC CNC Heads, Custom CP Pistons, HPI 62mm TB.

And for sure will need some more supporting parts as well.

Dyno Results are in "STD" vs "SAE" but still a Ripper!

YB

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Depends on what you really want your scoot to be power wise. If you want the power of the 124" then it's worth it even with the extra stuff involved. If you try and build yours to match the 124" numbers you would not have the reliability in the bottom in that the S&S has. If you don't need as much power then just build yours and call it a day. I say the S&S is worth it if that kind of power is what you want.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If I had a rod go through my case out of warranty I would. Then I'd be at the drag strip in the 124" class. Losing and loving it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigmeat45

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I had a S&S 124" high compression motor in my 12 and loved it.. But unless your doing the swap yourself your going to be looking at around 10k all said and done.. My 130 lost a rod bearing at 50k that's why I went this route.. One thing to keep in mind with the S&S motor the bike has no value to a dealer at trade in trust me I know.. I had 30k on this motor when I traded it in and had a smile on my face all 30k.. If you plan on keeping the bike it's wort it.. Would I do it again?? Will cross that bridge when the time comes..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don’t have one but don’t forget to consider supporting mods. $6200 is not the end of your journey. You’re going to need a throttle body, clutch, tuner, exhaust, dyno tuning...it’s going to add up fast. Much more affordable to build what you’ve got.
...chain conversion, beefed up brakes.... I'm sure it'll be closer to 10 or so having chatted with my local shop.

I may sell the Dyna and go big on the shark. :grin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hell yeah it's worth it!

Here's a dyno of my bros rgs s&s 124" with kjc cnc heads, custom cp pistons, hpi 62mm tb.

And for sure will need some more supporting parts as well.

Dyno results are in "std" vs "sae" but still a ripper!

Yb
thats what im talking about!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Depends on what you really want your scoot to be power wise. If you want the power of the 124" then it's worth it even with the extra stuff involved. If you try and build yours to match the 124" numbers you would not have the reliability in the bottom in that the S&S has. If you don't need as much power then just build yours and call it a day. I say the S&S is worth it if that kind of power is what you want.
I want power AND reliability.

Reactions: Doug06rg

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
...chain conversion, beefed up brakes.... I'm sure it'll be closer to 10 or so having chatted with my local shop. I may sell the Dyna and go big on the shark. :grin:
if you can find an independent that builds them you can save big bucks.
there's not as much room to haggle with a crate engine, and most of the good builders love to assemble them.
most of them still take pride in their work.

pull the stock out, fog it, put it up on the shelf on a turntable and just admire it. or you could sell it and recoup some of the money.

if you're sensible with it, you won't have to worry about the drive-train.
i had to change to a solid rear wheel on my heritage, spokes were pinging at me all the time lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the responses guys, much appreciated.

So right now I have a 103" with a TW555 cam. It has 4500 miles. What could I reasonably expect to get for it should I decide to sell it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here is the dyno sheet for my crate 124hc. Throttle hog 66 with Boarzilla's. Absolutely love it!
Cant get sheet to post but 140 hp and 136 Tq

·
Administrator
10,614 Posts
guys are getting around 2 grand or so for the 103's .. I have ridden with Glide 69 , bike was awesome . S&S is gonna be my route when this one squats ..

Don't know how long you been at this , but I been at it since 1971 with Harley and S&S is a no brainer for reliability and performance ..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys are getting around 2 grand or so for the 103's .. I have ridden with Glide 69 , bike was awesome . S&S is gonna be my route when this one squats ..

Don't know how long you been at this , but I been at it since 1971 with Harley and S&S is a no brainer for reliability and performance ..
Thanks bro! For 2k I'll probably just hang on to it.

In '71, I was -8 years old :serious::serious:

Reactions: Chrisg81983

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Stuck a 124lc in my 13 last fall. 58mm tb,D&D 2into1 and T-Max tuner. Dyno'ed 120hp 127tq. Didn't get to ride it much after getting it dyno'ed but what little I did it was a blast.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thanks bro! For 2k I'll probably just hang on to it.

In '71, I was -8 years old :serious::serious:
8 years old I was going to the local Indy and look at them work on Harleys, Indians and British stuff. They would tell us how to fix our bicycles.

Reactions: Bigmeat45

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
8 years old I was going to the local Indy and look at them work on Harleys, Indians and British stuff. They would tell us how to fix our bicycles.

Very cool. In '71 I was -8, as in negative 8 years old. Dad was still out riding and tearing it up with his buddies.

I was racing dirt bikes at 8. Fun times. I still have my first bike from when I was 4 years old in the garage. Little 50cc Yamaha.

Attachments

Reactions: Mike U and RGKen
1 - 20 of 32 Posts