Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her back today - couldn't be happier. Barry "Baz" Hamilton @ First Class Cycles in Riverside, CA is a Class Act. Here's the chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Got her back today - couldn't be happier. Barry "Baz" Hamilton @ First Class Cycles in Riverside, CA is a Class Act. Here's the chart.
Awesome run, what tuner are you using?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Awesome numbers. How fun is it to run?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome numbers. How fun is it to run?
It is Loud & Obnoxious! The 3" baffle is awesome! Straight line - RIDICULOUS. Corners I gotta get used to - the rear wheel spins so easily I just gotta get used to it. I'm used to thrashing on my 103" to squeeze every ounce of power out of it - no need to do that anymore.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wait till your on the highway at 90 and crack it ? also it gets better after break in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
500 Mile Review

Break in is going good. I developed a trans leak at some point since I got the bike back so I dropped it off yesterday to have that squared away and have the oil changed. The Trans leak was the trap door where the pipe mounts - seems like a common thing since almost everyone I know with a 2012 has had the same issue. Warranty covered that so no complaints.

Oil changed using Dinosaur Oil for next 500 miles - got on it a little harder than I did the previous week and all I can say is DAMN. The Shop was all smiles when i got there (they finally got to test ride it). Another 500 miles and synthetic goes in - training wheels come off. Also received my Wards Cooling System today - looking forward to installing that next week.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Enjoy that monster. >:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Break in is going good. I developed a trans leak at some point since I got the bike back so I dropped it off yesterday to have that squared away and have the oil changed. The Trans leak was the trap door where the pipe mounts - seems like a common thing since almost everyone I know with a 2012 has had the same issue. Warranty covered that so no complaints.

Oil changed using Dinosaur Oil for next 500 miles - got on it a little harder than I did the previous week and all I can say is DAMN. The Shop was all smiles when i got there (they finally got to test ride it). Another 500 miles and synthetic goes in - training wheels come off. Also received my Wards Cooling System today - looking forward to installing that next week.
You had the bike dynoed at over 6000 rpm before the break in ??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Sir - following S&S Instructions - done by Kiwi. I know I had experts telling me you could and others telling me I couldn't. Either way, S&S sent instructions with the motor and they are the one warranting the motor for the next year;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Pablo,
While I know its not the focus of such an endeavor, I am interested in the MPG's for long distance rides. When you get a chance can you report on those?
Thanks.
BG

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pablo,
While I know its not the focus of such an endeavor, I am interested in the MPG's for long distance rides. When you get a chance can you report on those?
Thanks.
BG
Absolutely - Break in will be done in the next week and I've got a Trip to Ogden, UT scheduled in a couple of weeks so I'll be paying close attention.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm sitting right at 40mpg with my 124"LC motor. Pablo and I used the same tuner. I'd guess that we are both within 1 or 2 mpg.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Absolutely - Break in will be done in the next week and I've got a Trip to Ogden, UT scheduled in a couple of weeks so I'll be paying close attention.
If your are heading to Ogden feel free to stop in for lunch in St. George. I'm always up for a visit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts