Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any T143 updates? I'm seriously thinking about this engine for my next project, and I"m trying to get as much feedback as possible. thanks.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
We are doing 2 of them.
And have developed a new exhaust called Gorguts for the S&S 143"
We have video and pics on our Facebook page.
We have to send the clutch back for some issu. Once we receive it back we will dyno tune and share.
Thanks

QUOTE=08poglide;3382121]Does anyone have any T143 updates? I'm seriously thinking about this engine for my next project, and I"m trying to get as much feedback as possible. thanks.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Does anyone have any T143 updates? I'm seriously thinking about this engine for my next project, and I"m trying to get as much feedback as possible. thanks.
They perform as per S&S info.
Brute power in stock form, and we also offer 8cc domed J&E pistons for those to be used with other cams, for even more power is so desired.
One local client is purchasing a new 2016 RG just for the 143" installation. :)
Scott

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about heat issues? I live down in Miami where the summer temps get pretty high. I'm thinking if I could get 20k miles out of the engine, based on what I've heard and read about it, then I should be happy. My project is all about performance, as apposed to a 50k mile engine.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What about heat issues? I live down in Miami where the summer temps get pretty high. I'm thinking if I could get 20k miles out of the engine, based on what I've heard and read about it, then I should be happy. My project is all about performance, as apposed to a 50k mile engine.
I've seen many 120's go well past the 50K mark. Longevity in a power house but I'm guessing you want more power than that plant makes.
>:)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
An Ultra Cool set up should keep things in check.
Scott

·
Registered
887 Posts
I hope i am not asking a stupid question, but what compensator do they run in the 143" with that kind of HP and torque?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off, thank you for all of the insight and help. Obviously this engine requires so much more than just the basic engine swap. Can anyone who's done one of these tell me what key components I will need to factor in, trans, clutch, starter, chain drive, etc?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts