Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing S&S True Duals on my 07 RG. Looks great and sounds great. Had one issue with the cross under pipe. The spacer brackets that mount the pipe aligned with the trans bolts but not to the welded bracket on the cross under pipe. Had to elongate hole on pipe bracket to line up to spacer. Wonder if anyone else had this problem? Did I miss something or just bad fabrication. Will give S&S a call shortly.

· Registered
641 Posts
I had a similar issue using the Jackpot header. I used the stock crossover and ended up having to elongate the hole in the clamp to make everything line up properly and keep the crossover from touching the drive belt. Made me a little nervous at first but it was actually suggested by FM.

· Registered
7,522 Posts
I just don't know how this is a tuned exhaust, the front header pipe goes under the frame and becomes the left side exhaust making it twice as long as the rear header pipe.
On my 08 I have true dual exhaust and the rear header pipe exits on the left and it is close to the same length as the front header pipe. This type of system also has less heat on the right leg and it allows you to maintain max ground clearance. JMO
The fitment issues would have to be addressed to S&S, you would think that S&S has been making this system for some time now and would have all the fitment problems solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.