Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished 07 Glide with S&S 110 Power Package, HPI 58 T/B 6.3 Injectors, S&S Air Cleaner & Power Vision. I figured I would go with S&S exhaust since I chose them for motor build. ( That's a whole different story) I like the looks ,sound and performance of the system but I wish I would have known that you cannot get an axle wrench to the axle nut for any reason. I realise I can pull the mufflers, but when your on the side of the road and have to wait for everything to cool it just makes a bad day worse.
Then there is the front headpiece 02 sensor. The bung is welded where the 02 literally runs onto the top of the oil filter like a heat sink. It wouldn't if you were not required to run an oil cooler and that adaptor puts the filter in that location.
Had S&S moved the 02 at a 10 degree different angle and or made the muffler clearance another 1/4'' deeper there would not have been an issue. Personally I expected more thorough product development from S&S - Oh Well . Just my 2 cents - I did call them , no answers - for $1225 I expected not to have these issues
Dwight Stark / Arkie

Oh and if you plan to call S&S for support or a purchase - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty good, still in break in. I'm in the learning curve with the Power Vision + Target Tune. I've learned a lot but there is much more to learn. But it's fun learning, I'm in the Old Dog / New Tricks category ! Arkie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts