Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this and used it once. It is for painted plastics, fairings, plexiglass windshields and the like. Thus far excellent on windshield and since the fairing, saddle bags tour pack, and lower section with fans or plastic. This may be my carry cleaner for certain trips since it is a dry wash. Spray on and it is pretty slick so I assume it shouldn't scratch. It does say the standard "do not use on hot surfaces." Therefore I would use in mornings before heading out that day

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
i was a little skeptical about s100 at first because i believe it had a reaction to the wax i had on the bike at the when i first used it. since then i have used it several times and im liking it. its easy to use, just spray on the bike and blast it off with water. it does a pretty good job

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't personally use it. However; this stuff has been in almost every motorcycle shop for years! I remember seeing this stuff for decades now, even the little Honda dealer in my old home town had it well stocked.

More to the point - I have never heard anyone say anything bad about it. It's pretty crazy that it's one of the standard go-to products across all motorcycle brand shops!

Does it attract dust from static or does it have an anti-static property to it when used on plastic? Just curious...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I am to. I noticed the mcquires quick detailer was dust phobic if you will due to a side i missed between the fairing and forks. Surprised and happy that the product was working. Always looking for something easy and better. That is why I bought the special surfaces cleaner. Right now the bike is in garage but I will roll this weekend.
The windshield came out perfect and painted plastics look great. If I can tell about dust Ill get back. Right now I see no dust.
I hope this will work and can clean up on overnight trips

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I have been using it for a few years with zero problems. Always use when the bike is cool, foams up like "gunk" used to on a dirty motor. Spray it on and hose it off.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
X2
been using since the early 00s
got away from it for awhile, but keep going back to it.
i spray on a microfiber cloth, wipe on and right back off.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I have been using it for a few years with zero problems. Always use when the bike is cool, foams up like "gunk" used to on a dirty motor. Spray it on and hose it off.
Same here and will continue to use on motor and wheels... I recently started using BUD SLIDE on the rest of the bike and have been real happy with it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was actually looking at Bug Slide when I bought Special Surfaces Cleaner by S100 because of the results I am getting from the S100 total cycle cleaner on the engine

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: There doesn't appear to be any static or dusting on windshield or other applied areas. Good stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts