Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have the shore fire design covers ?

they were about 90 minutes from me but just found out they moved to south carolina.

i ordered a set today 15% off and no tax now that they moved.

i had been looking around but never found anything but basic black covers .
for 179.00 includes shipping, i hope to be much happier then paying 125.00-150 for standard covers.

found 1 set of mustang covers on craigs list for 100.00 but i just didnt want the standard.

tired of using scratch x and rubbing out scratches in the damn soft paint every time i looked at the bike .

i even bought one of those expensive wool wash mits, special soap and have a dedicated bucket just for the bike.

i saw one bike that had awesome covers but they were custom made and cost like 450.00.
he has a friend that has top shop and he made them for him.

·
Registered
202 Posts
anyone have the shore fire design covers ?

they were about 90 minutes from me but just found out they moved to south carolina.

i ordered a set today 15% off and no tax now that they moved.

i had been looking around but never found anything but basic black covers .
for 179.00 includes shipping, i hope to be much happier then paying 125.00-150 for standard covers.

found 1 set of mustang covers on craigs list for 100.00 but i just didnt want the standard.

tired of using scratch x and rubbing out scratches in the damn soft paint every time i looked at the bike .

i even bought one of those expensive wool wash mits, special soap and have a dedicated bucket just for the bike.

i saw one bike that had awesome covers but they were custom made and cost like 450.00.
he has a friend that has top shop and he made them for him.

I would be interested how these fit and look when you get yours if you don't mind giving a review? :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm curious as well... I've read great reviews on them, and the designs and pictures look awesome. I may bite the bullet and go with them as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
supposed to get them next week. supposed to be christmas gift from the kids.so not sure if i have to wait to put them on. besides i dont know how to post pics in here.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I got my Shore Line bag covers today and it took about 30 minutes to put them on. I think they look fine, tight and no wrinkles; very professionally made (in the USA) as the little tag reads. They do make the lids a little harder to close, but if you mash down on the lid while latching, it is no big deal. At least now I won't be scuffing the paint when I am tired or forgetful and drag my boot over the lid getting off.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Everything I ever heard about saddlebag covers is. Once you put them on, you might as well keep them on forever. Because they will put more scratches on your lids. Kinda like a bra for a sports car.

Respectfully, I don't have any experience with Shore Line bag covers. Or any saddlebag lid covers personally. They do look like they are more fitted and much thicker then the typical lid covers. And a lot more expensive too.

Op - not knocking you on wanted these saddlebag lid covers. Just wanted to pre warn you regarding what others have experienced with other brand lid covers.

YB

·
Registered
177 Posts
These covers are padded and have some very soft, fleecy material on the inside. If they do scratch, it can't be as bad as the side of my boot...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to know..

YB

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
unwrapped the covers yesterday.my daughter added an envelope in the box with the cash for the total bill.

took about 5 minutes each to put them on. the night before i brought the bags into the basement to clean and wax them so they would be ready.

i got the silver flame style so they match the wheels. they would have made them in the root beer color to match the graphics but i feel the silver matches good and stands out better.

i cant figure out how to add pics .

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
As for the comments made about more scratches when you put lid covers on, I disagree, I have had mustang lid covers on since I got my glide in 2011 and they are scratch free, mine have a nice felt in them, I can't speak for every brand, but I am sure the ones you purchased will do the same. One of the best things I did to keep those lids from getting beat up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have T-Bag molded covers on mine. I have a car 2 bikes, 2 rollboxes and an 80 gallon compressor in m 1 car garage. It's really hard to swing a leg over to get the bike out, so I had to try something. Had em about a year, so far, so good.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Damn that looks nice, any options on designs besides flames, FYI the flames look great, just being curious.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know the thread is a it old but I just ordered the shore fire with Blue Flame. Love the way the look offsets the bike breaking up all that blue in my case. Until I can get my paint done. Sounds like they went on no problems. If you figure out how to post pics love to see them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had the HD branded covers originally but they got to looking a bit shabby so I bit on the Shoreline covers and couldn't be happier. Great quality, heavy material ( should hold up well ) and fit nice and snug. They have a good heavy layer of felt like material on the inside and seem to protect the finish just fine. I went with the blue flame stitching to accent the blue in my other accessories, and I am very happy with the finished look.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Maybe the scratches under are affected by location. Anything like that will get dust underneath in AZ. Rarely ever see any covers here. I could use them, my wife kicks my bags every time she gets on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had motorcycle-armor.com Lid Protectors (https://motorcyclearmor.americommerce.com/store/p/32-Hard-Bag-Lid-Kit.aspx) on my 2010 Street Glide and they were great. Simple install, durable and lasting, and lifetime warranty. The were a little pricey. I see now that Hogskins (https://www.hogskinspaintprotection.com/product/hs14-new-sb/) has a similar product for slightly more, but it has more protection areas than just the top. Both of these seem very expensive for what is essentially a 3M type clear film.

Are there any other options out there to consider for film protection?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts