Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 RGU that I just got back in November. So, not much to do as far as riding in the winter here in Minnesota, so adding a few things before riding season. Does anyone have any options as far as aftermarket sources for the saddlebag filler strips. I know Harley has solid, and slotted. Just curious if others have left the gaps, or if you have any other ideas or sources for filling in the gaps. I have seen some bikes with lights either built in, or attached to the filler strips. Thank--think spring!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks Quicksand, those look pretty cool. Do you have them on your bike?
I'm having them installed on my bike as soon as the parts come back from the powdercoater. I've seen them on several bikes and they are BRIGHT AF (though I've been told that's adjustable)!

Thinking of combining them with a taillight from Bright Ass Lights to up my rear end visibility, especially with my tourpak off.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Every time I see that rear end with the holes I think " Why didn't HD finish the job and install the lights? Someone told me the holes are there to allow a flow through airway for engine heat to escape. My guess is that's not it. Have no idea if HD was thinking this or just looking to sell lights as an accessory. The CD filler and lights look nice and I see they are proud of them too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First thing I thought is they built the bike on a friday, and were in a hurry for the weekend, and forgot to install them :) You are right, another add on, but this time, looks like Harley will not get my business.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm having them installed on my bike as soon as the parts come back from the powdercoater. I've seen them on several bikes and they are BRIGHT AF (though I've been told that's adjustable)!

Thinking of combining them with a taillight from Bright Ass Lights to up my rear end visibility, especially with my tourpak off.
Ended up going with an LED Tail Light from Custom Dynamics along with one of their Magic Strobe RSG units.

The Magic Strobe unit can be used to flash/strobe the Fillerz in addition to the stock brake lights.

Ability to apply Brake Strobe/Flash Patterns on Center Taillight only, Rear Turns Only, or Rear Turns & Center Taillight

SMART Function - Strobe/Flashing will be disabled on Turn Signals if Simultaneous Braking and Turning

Hopefully that brightness and flashing will be obnoxious enough to get any tailgater's attention.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, this past Saturday, I was at the old Harley dealer in Blaine, MN, and low and behold, they now have filler strips with LED lights. Pretty cool, but they want $300.00 for them :-( I am going to have to think about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts