Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Should work but you also need to replace your saddlebag supports. These will not work with the stock saddlebag supports. You also might need to buy the screws that go on top.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do a search. Someone on the forum has used the stock supports, cut them, and hooked them up to the guards you are showing. Cut end of the stocks is hidden inside the new guards.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
The price is right and they would work on your bike BUT. The reason the guard rails are so cheap is because it is NOT THE COMPLETE KIT. HD rear saddlebag guard rail kit chrome/black comes with the saddlebag support rail and guard rail. So what you see there is only 1/2 of the guard rail kit. HD rear saddlebag guard rail kit chrome HD part #49291-07 for $219.95 will fit 2004 - 2008 FLTR. You can get this for less money from PC Pain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put bag guards on mine during last winter. Yep the support is different,,but I enjoy the look and also now don't have to worry about dropping the bag when taking them off. I also added the LED light kit to this project

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The price is right and they would work on your bike BUT. The reason the guard rails are so cheap is because it is NOT THE COMPLETE KIT. HD rear saddlebag guard rail kit chrome/black comes with the saddlebag support rail and guard rail. So what you see there is only 1/2 of the guard rail kit. HD rear saddlebag guard rail kit chrome HD part #49291-07 for $219.95 will fit 2004 - 2008 FLTR. You can get this for less money from PC Pain.
Thank you, I'll message him.

There is a DIY thread with a way to do it, requires some machining. Thinking of going this route myself.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=20916&highlight=saddle+guards
Thanks for finding the DIY thread.

Put bag guards on mine during last winter. Yep the support is different,,but I enjoy the look and also now don't have to worry about dropping the bag when taking them off. I also added the LED light kit to this project
I see you have them wrapping around your bags, I just want the front so I can attach those small leather pouches.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yup.....they all have saddlebag supports. But the guards you are interested in will not fit without buying the ones made for the guards or modifying the stock supports.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts