Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have an opportunity to buy some Saddle bag guards from a 2011 FLHTK Electra Glide® Ultra Limited at a killer price. However, I'm not sure if they will fit a 2013 Road Glide Ultra. I did a parts search and the 2011 shows part nos of 49179-09 and 49188-09. My Harley catalog for my RGU shows I need part no. 49282-09. Anybody know if the 2011 bag guards will fit my 2013 RGU?
Thanks in advance.
Brad

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
wow Brad where did you get the time machine? a 2103 ultra, sweeeeet! So I just did this mod myself. contact pcPain here on the sight, he'll hook you up. be sure to ask for the correct antenna mounts if you're planning on using the relocated antennas. I'm still searching for mine.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow Brad where did you get the time machine? a 2103 ultra, sweeeeet! So I just did this mod myself. contact pcPain here on the sight, he'll hook you up. be sure to ask for the correct antenna mounts if you're planning on using the relocated antennas. I'm still searching for mine.
2103 LOL. edited. :D

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can just cut the existing bag support right in front of the bend and drill a couple holes.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Have an opportunity to buy some Saddle bag guards from a 2011 FLHTK Electra Glide® Ultra Limited at a killer price. However, I'm not sure if they will fit a 2013 Road Glide Ultra. I did a parts search and the 2011 shows part nos of 49179-09 and 49188-09. My Harley catalog for my RGU shows I need part no. 49282-09. Anybody know if the 2011 bag guards will fit my 2013 RGU?
Thanks in advance.
Brad
They should fit - 2009 was the frame change. I ordered mine out of the harley p&a book though so don't know for sure.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went and bought them. So far they look like they will work fine. I just have to modify the saddle bag support rail but that's a easy fix. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Concidence

Just finished adding the 'classic' rails yesterday... I like the looks and parking lot protection such as it is. They saved the Ultra Classic twice in Canada last year.
Shouldn't be a problem with what you're planning. You'll like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts