Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of pictures of saddle bags with the latch reflector lens smoked instead of red. Does anyone know where these can be purchased and if so, is it much work to replace them?

Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
eBay has a bunch. They are just 3M adhesived there. Get a small screwdriver and pry them out. Be careful not to chip the sides of the slot on the latch. A heat gun helps. I tape the latches and use some plastic tools I have accumulated over the years.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
mine came off of amazon. here's a link to the ones i purchased: Amazon.com: JYMotor USA Shipping Motorcycle Smoke Side Hard Saddlebags Reflectors for 2014-2017 Harley FLHT Road King Road Street Glide Touring: Automotive cheap, paid $9 for them. i used a nylon pry tool that i got from harbor freight. started at one end, put a little tension on it, and as it released, moved further in, keeping tension on it. had very little clean up to do afterward by going really slow so the the adhesive didn't rip.

i've read some reviews where the replacement ones are not reflective, but these do seem to be. regardless, i like them better than the red ones.

Reactions: Rauzer

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got a set on ebay for less than $10. I just took them off and put on the lighted smoked latch inserts from Custom Dynamics. They are awesome! They come smoked and red.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Put these on tonight. Kuryakyn. I know the more lights the better. But I'm going stealth on the lights. Under the bags. Still have more blackening to do. But its bed time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts