Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my lady friends is a bit on the short side. I have noticed that occasionally Getting on and off my bike, her foot bumps the top of the saddle bag. Yes, she knows it is not a good thing to do So far only a scuff that buffed out.
I did pick up a set of the saddle bag covers that Harley sells as "Saddle Bag Bra". They were on clearance at $25 off. Man, are they hard to put on. I still am not happy with the fit. The directions have a disclaimer that "being loose or tight is not a fitment issue and not reason for return".
Does any one have any suggestions for getting these things to fit better. They do suggest leaving them in the sun or using a hair dryer to heat them up and make it easier to install. I did try the hair dryer thing yesterday. Spent two hours trying to get them on all the way. Still not happy with the fit.
Not really looking for a different brand or different type.

Suggestions?
Thanks.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Get your money back. HD makes a Transparent Paint Guard for covering the tops. The bra will end up marking your tops, if you can even get them to fit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tops

Took me about three hours of massaging and stretching with a heat gun. Then a few more sessions over course of next week. Yes, any "bra" will ultimately damage the surface it's on. DO NOT think your protecting the lids from damage. Your not. Your protecting them from VISIBLE damage.
I personally like the look of the "bra" on the lids. Not on the fairing. Just me....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to a guy at the dealer where I bought them. He says because I used the Velcro strips I can't return them. Especially since they were clearance item. Might I add not my regular dealer. Looked at the clear protective sheet material that Harley offers. Not to hot on that either. Did talk with a guy outside my regular dealer and he is pleased with the 3M spray stuff he uses. Might look more into that.
Anyone looking for a set of saddle bag bras ----cheap-------no Velcro?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I put the Mustang black lid covers on. I Like the black that matches my inner fairing and looks good on my BBP. Got a few scratches/scuffs that wouldn't come out so now they are covered and I won't be getting any more. They were somewhat of a PIA to get on but I did manage it and didn't need any heat gun treatments or anything else--just pull like hell with your fingers and you can work them on. With shipping they were right around $100.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I remind my wife every time she is about to get on the bike to watch her feet and the bags ... and I also have to remind myself!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Put the Mustang Saddlebag lid covers as soon as the bike came home. Love them, lids are flawless. Suggest removing them (or any other brand) periodically and cleaning underneath (to include the underside of the lid covers).

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you don't like the clear cover or the bra then the next step is the rails

I could not stand the thought of covering my bags but wanted the protection and the rails do it. If you add the saddlebag guards and lid rails it looks complete. This is what I did to keep my 5' 1" wife from kicking mine and yet the black rails compliment the orange of my candy orange RG.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The hd saddlebag covers are a p.o.s. I never did get mine to fit after using hair. Dryer.. clothes dryer. .. 3 hours of frustration on one bag alone.. Dump em.
Get the ones from Motherwell... $60. They are elastic fitted and easy peasy to put on and takeoff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a pair of new Kuryakyn covers off ebay delivered for 63 bucks to mount this weekend. Let you know how it goes....

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the Motorcycle Armor stuff on mine since new, pretty easy to install still look good, on a light colored bike they are easier to tell they are there. One benefit is if you already have some light scuffs, when you put these on they will disappear.

Oh yeah and they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are awesome!!! Have had them on since 2009 and no damage to covers at all. I rarely take them off because I like the black and orange combo!

http://www.ridetek.com/products/lid_hauler.html

They come with drawstring cordura bags you can fill and strap to the lid. Perfect for a small tent on one side, sleeping bag on the other.

In my opinion, better than any other lid cover that is similar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts