Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about getting a set of travel packs, saddle bag liners, and then maybe a wall organizer. Do any and or all of these work together? Don’t want to take out the liners to put the travel packs in or the wall organizer.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I use the bags used in the Saddlebags regularly on trips and the Tour Pak bag sometimes. The one in Saddlebags make it easier to take clothing into Hotels. The Tour Pak bag is used when I need to keep items separated.
I never use the Lid Organizer.

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,334 Posts
I have saddlebag bags that I use for trips. Like previously stated, easy to pack and just grab and go for the hotel. No experience with liners or wall organizers. I bought River Road brand on the interweb and have had them for about 10 years and are still good as new.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,140 Posts
I’m thinking about getting a set of travel packs, saddle bag liners, and then maybe a wall organizer. Do any and or all of these work together? Don’t want to take out the liners to put the travel packs in or the wall organizer.
Thanks for the help!
I have used the hd travel liners for years and they work well.Last spring I picked up an Hd wall organizer and the liners do NOT work With the bags. If there is a way to make it all work I cannot figure it out So I use the organizers for every day then For overnights I remove them For the bag liners.Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used the hd travel liners for years and they work well.Last spring I picked up an Hd wall organizer and the liners do NOT work With the bags. If there is a way to make it all work I cannot figure it out So I use the organizers for every day then For overnights I remove them For the bag liners.Good luck.
That is what I was afraid of. The bought the bike used and they must have kept crayons in the saddle bags and I have spent hours cleaning it out. They are clean now and wanted to keep them clean. I guess the liners are out.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,140 Posts
That is what I was afraid of. The bought the bike used and they must have kept crayons in the saddle bags and I have spent hours cleaning it out. They are clean now and wanted to keep them clean. I guess the liners are out.
Take a look in the HD P&A catalogue they do a good job Describing what parts fit with white their fitment recommendations our tops might be a help to you going forward your dealer wI’ll give you a parts book if you need one. Good hunting

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use the carpeted type liners for the bag's, I think it's the same liner that comes in the tour pack from HD. Keeps stuff from getting wrecked, vibrating against plastic, keeps the noise down, etc. I like them, a little sacrifice on real estate given up I guess. My one bag I throw a rickrack bag cooler in it for snacks and water/drinks for long days out of state. The other bag has tools, gloves, hats, her fanny pack bag, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the liners, but as others have said, they eat up a lot of space and don't work well with the travel bags. I used to have the carpeted drop ins and would just pull one out when I was doing long distance and packing a saddle bag bag with clothes. Guess it really depends on your use case. I prefer to pack my dry bag up with clothes and just strap it to the bike with rok straps now, current bike came with fancy bag liners and I like em.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I purchased some travel bags from RickRak. Liked the fact that the Tourpack was two bags instead of one. Have not used them yet but have a 10 day trip planned Mid August. Bags look to be of good quality and highly functional. Have not tried their fitment with the carpeted liner though.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for the help!
As a few already posted, I like the saddle bag liners (I have H-D branded); they are great on trips pulling the most needed/necessary items for the night or at the destination. I cannot speak to the travel packs, and the wall organizers could be used withthe liners but take up storage space from the liners. I think either or would be the way to go, liners for long trips, and wall organizers for everyday?

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide 107
14 Posts
I have the Drag Specialities saddle bag suitcases, the bags that go in the saddle bag to take into the hotel. We used them on past trips when I had the Ultra. They worked well.
Also have the wall storage by Kemimoto. I put them in and have not removed them. Not sure i would recommend them. A little too much organization for me. And they seem to take up more room than I would have liked. Gaving said that, stuff does have a home, the owners manual for instance. But then, you end up carring stuff like the owners manual. How often do you need to look at it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts