Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about model nomenclatures. I have a 2007 shark, and I want to buy saddle bag lid organizers.

How do I know if my saddle bags are the FLH style or FLD style?

·
Registered
178 Posts
FLH are hard molded squarish bags and FLD are the ones on road kings that look more rounded. You shouldn't have the rounded saddle bags. My opinion on the lid organizers is don't waste your money. I have them and they keep falling off and require using a different adhesive tape/velcro than what comes with them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
saddle bag style

Opinions.........my old lady bought me the organizers for the lid, and like the previous post said the adhesive/velcro provided sucks. The organizer itself on the other hand I love. I keep reg/ins, ear plugs, extra glasses, rain sock for AC, extra fuses, light gloves, all the small stuff that gets lost or broken by being thrown in the saddle bag with everything else.

If you buy them, do yourself a favor and immediately strip off the stock adhesive and use either 3m extreme tape, or some other form of adhesive. I used some construction adhesive for plastics on the old lady's bike.......they're not falling off!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opinions.........my old lady bought me the organizers for the lid, and like the previous post said the adhesive/velcro provided sucks. The organizer itself on the other hand I love. I keep reg/ins, ear plugs, extra glasses, rain sock for AC, extra fuses, light gloves, all the small stuff that gets lost or broken by being thrown in the saddle bag with everything else.

If you buy them, do yourself a favor and immediately strip off the stock adhesive and use either 3m extreme tape, or some other form of adhesive. I used some construction adhesive for plastics on the old lady's bike.......they're not falling off!
Wouldn't heavy duty strips of Velcro work? I'm looking at the saddle man lid organizers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
1,818 Posts
Check our Lid Gear for saddlebag storage tethers. They work great and are made in the USA. No velcro to worry about, they replace your stock lid tethers and have tons of small item storage.

Calgaryglide

Just tried to find them online, their webpage has been taken down and the email that I had bounced back. Too bad, the ones that I have I really like for storing all kinds of stuff like fuses, well nuts, seat screws, tire plugs etc.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check our Lid Gear for saddlebag storage tethers. They work great and are made in the USA. No velcro to worry about, they replace your stock lid tethers and have tons of small item storage.

Calgaryglide

Just tried to find them online, their webpage has been taken down and the email that I had bounced back. Too bad, the ones that I have I really like for storing all kinds of stuff like fuses, well nuts, seat screws, tire plugs etc.
So they are out of business?

·
Registered
135 Posts
lid organizer

Wouldn't heavy duty strips of Velcro work? I'm looking at the saddle man lid organizers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Dinggus.....they are supplied with adhesive velcro. One side attached to organizer, the other attaches to saddlebag lid. If you read the reviews of the saddleman brand you will find that the overwhelming majority of complaints are from the adhesive velcro not holding. Thats why I suggested using something totally diff before you experience what many of us already have. Mine held for a a few weeks over the winter, but after a few warm days they started pulling loose and eventually just fell off leaving me a sticky mess to clean off the lid, and the organizer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My friend who is an upholstery guru came up with these for me, and they match my seat.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,818 Posts
So they are out of business?
Yes it looks like they have closed shop. I will try to take decent pictures of what I have from lidgear, maybe someone else can replicate them.

Calgaryglide

1 - 14 of 14 Posts