Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my '13 Road Glide Ultra about 4 weeks ago I think. My wife and I left on about a 1700 mile trip the first weekend I had it.

I decided to do a saddle sore this weekend. She wasn't interested in this one so I left by myself yesterday morning. Left Oberlin, OH at 2:30 AM. Went straight down 71 and then 75 until I got to Gainsville, FL. Checked into a hotel in Gainsville at around 8:30 PM and 1079 miles.

Have never taken to the time to actually document a thousand mile day but got the witnesses and kept the receipts this time so will go ahead and turn this one in.

HEAVY rain for about the last 200 miles but the Road Glide did great.

Now time to head home. Gotta be at work on Monday. :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
congranulations

I have done several 1k plus days in the waayy back , but never for the glory

Mebbe one day

RG is a pavement eater

JtB
+1, thousand mile days just seem to happen when the weathers perfect and everything just seems right. As fun as the Roadglide is on a curvy road they sure can eat up the highway miles!!

Congrats on the accomplishment...I'm thinkin' I need to do something similar like say toooooo uhmmmmm KEY WEST!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I won't say that the weather was perfect but it could have been worse. It was around 50 degrees when I left my house in Ohio. That's not bad if you dress for it but of course, I didn't. I expected it to warm up pretty quickly but I was close to 400 miles before the temps got to 60. Then it rained so hard the final 200 miles that the cars had their emergency flashers on at times. Still though...it could have been worse. The good news is that the temps never got higher than the low 80s the entire trip. That was nice.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congrats on the accomplishment.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Its all for the glory I don't need a piece of paper or a witness to know what miles I put on my bike!! In fact I did 6,329 miles in a week for SWIII with a couple of back to back days of 1K+ just means I had a great time and limited vacation time :eek: LOL

·
Registered
643 Posts
+1 Congratulations and welcome to the IBA.

The rain saved you from the 90/90 days we have here in FL. 92 with high humidity here is worse than 100 in St. George.

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
WELCOME TO THE CLUB - DOOF, IBA # 22419
Se sure to check the IBA site -- keep copies of all u submit, and dont forget the route map !!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter and knocking down the 1k trip

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All documents including witnesses, receipts and ride map was mailed yesterday. Now just wait. They say it take 60 to 90 days. I may do another one before then. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats dude, looking to knock out my 1.5k and 1k soon....in the planning stages right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts