Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, gettin ready to do audio install and planning 1 amp and speakers in the bags. I will use and Anderson type connector for the power, but what are you guys using for for line level (RCA) and speaker level disconnects. It was suggested on another forum to use spring type connectors like those found on home audio recievers and speakers for speaker level, IMO this leaves room for problems having bare wires exposed if bags are off.

I know you guys got something slick that I'm missing, let me know !

Peace

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I don't have my amp in the bags, just the speakers. You can use the same kind of connector as used on a battery tender, that way nothing is exposed, it's quick, and you never screw up the polarity.

·
Registered
593 Posts
dblll . . . Where did you find those type connectors? Do they have a product name. I sure could use a set or two???

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dblll . . . Where did you find those type connectors? Do they have a product name. I sure could use a set or two???
I actually bought some of those at a flea market, but I'm sure they're available at your local Napa auto parts

Peace

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Advanced Auto has them in the trailer section.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anderson connectors

So...I guess that I will be using these for both power and speaker connections, what are you guys using for your line level (RCA) cable disconnect ? I suppose that I could use female x female RCA connectors to connect cables on bike to cables in bags. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Should have all audio completed by next week JL ZR 800 in the bags with quad lids up top and another 3 sets of speakers up front. Alpine pdx amp in Each bag
Custom made amp rack for amp to set on.
My layout is patterned after this.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts