Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having some difficulty gettIng my right side saddlebag cover on my 2015 RGS to line up properly when I close the lid. I often times have to use both hands to get it to properly fit in order to succesfully push on latch to secure it in place. It just seems to be out of alignment enough where it needs that extra effort to close. I’ve tightened all screws yet it appears to have done nothing to improve it. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Factory bags, or aftermarket? Probably try loosening everything a bit, and open and close it until it closes right, then tighten it back up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's possible that the hinge got tweaked a bit. Take a close look at both sides & compare the troubled one to the good side.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have noticed that if I tighten the screws up too much the catch will not fasten. Probably warping the bag at the top. I don't think the screws have to be as tight as you can get them. Just snug them up and see if they don't latch better. JD

·
Registered
278 Posts
When the lid is up and open, look at the gap between the lid and the lever. Now close the lid, do not latch and look at the same gap. Then attempt to latch the lid.

Does that gap remain constant in all 3 positions as listed above?

I had an issue that in the first 2 positions it did BUT when I did latch it the gap went away. After looking inside the lid one of the mounting posts, see #8 on pic, was broken,

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
I?ve been having some difficulty gettIng my right side saddlebag cover on my 2015 RGS to line up properly when I close the lid. I often times have to use both hands to get it to properly fit in order to succesfully push on latch to secure it in place. It just seems to be out of alignment enough where it needs that extra effort to close. I?ve tightened all screws yet it appears to have done nothing to improve it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Is the difficulty occurring when you place items in the bag? I have noticed when I put too much I bag, the bags will flex & cause the difficulty closing the lid you mention. The fiberglass bags are a lot more rigid.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was having a problem on my 17. The hook on the inside of the bag had moved so the catch would not close properly. Realigned the hook an all was well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would bet that the problem is the little square of canvas meant to support the lids when open. I have noticed that I sometimes have a problem just like you describe. I check the canvas and sure as sh t it has gotten pinched between the lid & the saddlebag on the outboard side. Open the lid and move the thing over towards the centre of the bag and all becomes right with the world. hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts