Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of maybe getting saddlebag extenders instead of stretched bags. I like the idea of the added side light for visibility. It looks like the Ciro may be brighter but it's hard to tell. I prefer the straight lines of the Kuryakyn but it looks like the LEDs are about the same as the stock Tribar (dim) I upgraded my Tribar to the CD Tribar. Anyone have any experience with these? Especially side by side comparisons.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just put the Ciro bag extensions on, as well as the snake eyes on the tour pack. I think they are quite a-bit brighter the Kuryakyn. I increased my visibility by 40% I believe.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I have the Ciro. Because of the style. I want really fond of the look until I seen them color matched. Paul @ thefairingexchange.com stocks them in certain colors. My bike is black quartz. And his paint match is dead on. Perfect. Also the lights like you said are brighter. The one issue I've had. And according to Ciro I'm the only one. I've had moisture get in the lights. They have replaced them without fail each time. 3 times total. The last time I had one leak they sent 2. And offered to send a complete new set of extenders. I didn't want that. Mine are color matched. The owner Aero has personally emailed me. And taken the time to make sure I was happy. Even Paul has not heard of issues like mine. I love the look, love the added light. And normally I'd be done with something that gave me an issue 2 times let alone 3. But I think they're all subject next to what happened to me. By all I mean other manufacturers. It all the lights from ciro. Would I buy them again. Yes. And mine were $600.00 shipped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Ciro. Because of the style. I want really fond of the look until I seen them color matched. Paul @ thefairingexchange.com stocks them in certain colors. My bike is black quartz. And his paint match is dead on. Perfect. Also the lights like you said are brighter. The one issue I've had. And according to Ciro I'm the only one. I've had moisture get in the lights. They have replaced them without fail each time. 3 times total. The last time I had one leak they sent 2. And offered to send a complete new set of extenders. I didn't want that. Mine are color matched. The owner Aero has personally emailed me. And taken the time to make sure I was happy. Even Paul has not heard of issues like mine. I love the look, love the added light. And normally I'd be done with something that gave me an issue 2 times let alone 3. But I think they're all subject next to what happened to me. By all I mean other manufacturers. It all the lights from ciro. Would I buy them again. Yes. And mine were $600.00 shipped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We're on the same page again what a surprise LOL. That looks great! I like how they aren't too low blocking the mufflers too much. I think I'll pull the trigger on those extenders and the rear fender extension from Advanblack and I think I'm done for a while. Until the voices in my head get the best of me LOL There's always something else.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
We're on the same page again what a surprise LOL. That looks great! I like how they aren't too low blocking the mufflers too much. I think I'll pull the trigger on those extenders and the rear fender extension from Advanblack and I think I'm done for a while. Until the voices in my head get the best of me LOL There's always something else.
We may have been separated at birth. Lol.

Very curious to see it with the Advan Black extension. It will be your fault if I have to order one.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We may have been separated at birth. Lol.

Very curious to see it with the Advan Black extension. It will be your fault if I have to order one.
It's what we do my brother! I blame you for the solo seat and the extensions. We might have to call a truce soon before someone gets hurt LOL

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
It's what we do my brother! I blame you for the solo seat and the extensions. We might have to call a truce soon before someone gets hurt LOL
This place has cost me more money. Lol. Seems were not even. Lol.

Reactions: Lord Vader

·
Registered
491 Posts
After seeing the post by Adam Sandavol about his experience with Kuryakyn I am not buying anything from them. Especially when there is another option.

I bought the Ciro horizontal fairing trim and have to say it is an amazing piece of engineering and design.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 for Ciro extensions! I got mine at Bike Week in Daytona this year. They add a lot of visibility and look amazing. AND they cost a lot less than extended bag kits. They look even better with slant cut tips on your exhaust. I wouldn't buy Kuryakyn ANYTHING for my bike.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
+1 for Ciro extensions! I got mine at Bike Week in Daytona this year. They add a lot of visibility and look amazing. AND they cost a lot less than extended bag kits. They look even better with slant cut tips on your exhaust. I wouldn't buy Kuryakyn ANYTHING for my bike.
I need slant tips. Where to get them for CVO cans?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that seems to be where I'm heading. I can't give up my tips, gonna have to make it all work. That is the one thing that is bugging me. I like that flush look in the rear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah that seems to be where I'm heading. I can't give up my tips, gonna have to make it all work. That is the one thing that is bugging me. I like that flush look in the rear.

Slant tips look a little sleeker, but flat tips work too. I have similar ends as RFG7680 shows in his pics. It doesn't look bad at all.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I actually have both, I have the Ciro on my wife’s 16 color matched by Paul at Fairing Exchange, and the Kury on my 17. Both actually seem to be about the same brightness, and similar install. I guess it just depends on which style you like. With the two I have the Kury had a more perfect fit, I don’t know if that’s how it always is.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually have both, I have the Ciro on my wife’s 16 color matched by Paul at Fairing Exchange, and the Kury on my 17. Both actually seem to be about the same brightness, and similar install. I guess it just depends on which style you like. With the two I have the Kury had a more perfect fit, I don’t know if that’s how it always is.
Are they brighter than the Tribar. I upgraded that to the CD one to match my CD taillights. It looked to me in the pics that the Kury was on par with the tribar but the Ciro has brighter leds. I like the strait cut of the Kury to the bags but the rear of the Ciro. Decisions, decisions!

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Are they brighter than the Tribar. I upgraded that to the CD one to match my CD taillights. It looked to me in the pics that the Kury was on par with the tribar but the Ciro has brighter leds. I like the strait cut of the Kury to the bags but the rear of the Ciro. Decisions, decisions!
I’ll check when I get home this afternoon and get back with you. I think they’re both about the same, but to be honest I never really compared them side by side, or to the tribar.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would go with the CIRO, my buddy has it on his 14SGS and it looks great. I helped a friend put Kuryakyn bag extensions on his Victory Magnum and they were straight up garbage. I would assume their harley extended bags are just as shabby.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I would go with the CIRO, my buddy has it on his 14SGS and it looks great. I helped a friend put Kuryakyn bag extensions on his Victory Magnum and they were straight up garbage. I would assume their harley extended bags are just as shabby.
I would have to strongly disagree with the Kury bags being garbage, at least for Harley. The quality is about the same if not better than Ciro, the fit is perfect.

Reactions: widerider03
1 - 20 of 22 Posts