Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need sources and price for saddlebag extensions.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Mine are from the MoCo. I think they are $300
Before:

After:

And with the Tour-Pak:

What the heck...one a little closer:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Justice1, kinda looks like my garage and bike , right down to the green and yello sitting in the corner. Nice bike though, how do you like the extensions and how do they mount:: thanks
Jerry in wisconsin

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have a question about the bag extensions. Does anyone know if H-D's or any aftermarket one's will mount on an '11 RGU's bags without covering the stripes on the bag?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
HD's are made to bolt to the bottom of the bag and come over the "lip" just a fraction. It won't cover the stripe. Look up a few pics he just posted a shot of the HD ones. Most aftermarket are made to put on the bottom of the bags and bondo and bodywork smooth into the bag.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am just interested in the extensions. I am a cheap ass. (well.... on this item anyway) I am not shelling out $1300 for the real thing. Also prefer not to paint or fill joint. My bike is vivid black.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i am just interested in the extensions. I am a cheap ass. (well.... on this item anyway) I am not shelling out $1300 for the real thing. Also prefer not to paint or fill joint. My bike is vivid black.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. The cheapest and easiest solution is the extensions from HD. They bolt right to the bottom of your bags. Two problems for me though is they are slanted, not straight across, and second, I know that seam "look" would eventually bother me. I'm still doing my research as well. Im just going to save the money and buy the KW 4" extensions and body work them I think...Who knows.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have a question about the bag extensions. Does anyone know if H-D's or any aftermarket one's will mount on an '11 RGU's bags without covering the stripes on the bag?
Should clear it with out a problem. If I'm not mistaken the FLTRX stripe is lower than on the FLTRU, and the extension stops short of the stripe on the X, I didn't have to repaint the stripe.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Should clear it with out a problem. If I'm not mistaken the FLTRX stripe is lower than on the FLTRU, and the extension stops short of the stripe on the X, I didn't have to repaint the stripe.
Thanks for the info. When i get back from Iraq this summer I'm going to have to get me a set.

·
Registered
272 Posts
edsglide and jerry L,

sorry for the late reply, but I've been gone the past two weeks. Here is the only pic of the rear (sorry for the quality). Now it's appearent that I need a stretched fender of some sort, which I'll get eventually. These bolt to the bottom of the bags and are made to be molded in although I'm not going to right away. I think they look as good as the HD bolted on ones they way they are. All I did was sand and paint them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was thinking about the cycle smiths as well but in the black...How is the fit on the bottom of the bag..any gaps at all?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The fit is great, no issues with gaps at all. Fairly easy install too. I liked them because they were different than everybody else's.
That is going on the list, I am thinking that by the pictures I have seen the black with aluminum should match fairly well with my edge cut accesories....now to finagle the funds....lol

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I like those Cyclesmith chromies, man. I hate to admit this but I'm going to, and maybe someone else has had it happen.

I dropped my RGU a few months back, doing a tight u-turn in a sloped driveway. Not sure what happened, it occurred in an instant but when it went over the left bottom edge of my baby got scratched up the entire length. I bought toucjh up paint but it's still visible if you look- and of course it's ALL I see. I'm thinking these would cover the boogered up lower edge...

I put saddlebag guards on after this incident- which brings me to my question. Anyone have any idea is these extensions would survive a tip again? Will the guards be enough to protect them too? Anyone with the bad fortune to have experienced it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts