Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know ow for sure if the HD color matched saddlebag filler strips fit my 16 FLTRU? These are part number 90200872DZZ. Would really like these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
927 Posts
Does anyone know ow for sure if the HD color matched saddlebag filler strips fit my 16 FLTRU? These are part number 90200872DZZ. Would really like these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

That part number doesn’t pop up in HDs USA online store, but did in the HD EU store. According to the EU website, it doesn’t show fitment for the Road Glide.

https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/90200872DZZ/color-matched-saddlebag-filler-stripkits-solid-cosmic-blue-pearl

Click on “View all bikes this part fits”

Did find it thru other HD websites, but they don’t show bikes it fits. Might wanna call, as well as figure out return policy before you purchase, especially if they consider it a “special order”.

Fill it in with something functional, like running/brake/turn signal inserts.

EDIT: My blind eyes didn’t see Mastergunnera8’s thumbnail attachment and wrote before Hawkey1’s response. Been burned on things like this so try to look out :grin:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That part number doesn’t pop up in HDs USA online store, but did in the HD EU store. According to the EU website, it doesn’t show fitment for the Road Glide.

https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/90200872DZZ/color-matched-saddlebag-filler-stripkits-solid-cosmic-blue-pearl

Click on “View all bikes this part fits”

Did find it thru other HD websites, but they don’t show bikes it fits. Might wanna call, as well as figure out return policy before you purchase, especially if they consider it a “special order”.
I found it the new HD parts catalogue. I will definitely ask about returns. Thanks Blazing.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I have these in my 2016 RGU, they fit and color match is perfect. I added the CD dual plasma rods, great combination.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have these in my 2016 RGU, they fit and color match is perfect. I added the CD dual plasma rods, great combination.
Thanks Hawkeye1. I will be ordering soon then.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hawkeye1 any chance you could send me a picture of the rear panels please.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hawkeye1 any chance you could send me a picture of the rear panels please.

Here are some pics of the filler panels and the dual plasma rods from Custom Dynamics. I've had these on for over 18 months, they are holding up very well and the paint is superb quality. Same Harley Quality Paint job. Not sure who they use, but it takes about a month to get them after you place the order. But the wait was worth it and I couldn't be happier, fit, finish and quality. Heavy duty metal.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, the do look badass. Are the plasma rods attached to the fender or filler panel?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Here are some pics of the filler panels and the dual plasma rods from Custom Dynamics. I've had these on for over 18 months, they are holding up very well and the paint is superb quality. Same Harley Quality Paint job. Not sure who they use, but it takes about a month to get them after you place the order. But the wait was worth it and I couldn't be happier, fit, finish and quality. Heavy duty metal.
Looks great!! I have been thinking of doing the same thing...Looking at the gap between the bags and the panels wasnt sure if there was enough room there...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks, the do look badass. Are the plasma rods attached to the fender or filler panel?

I attached the plasma rods to the bags. I cut the wires and added quick connects, so when I remove the bags, I don't have to worry about the plasma rod wires.

The filler strip wasn't secure enough in my opinion.

I'll attach some pics for the quick disconnects and securing the line.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Looks great!! I have been thinking of doing the same thing...Looking at the gap between the bags and the panels wasnt sure if there was enough room there...
Just barely enough room....

·
Registered
154 Posts
CD Dual Plasma with Filler Panels

Did some exhaust work and had to take off the saddle bags... Took some pictures of the wiring I wrote about earlier.

Here is some pictures of the CD Dual Plasma Rods and the 3 pin connectors. I attached the plasma rods to the saddle bags because I didn't like them not setting flat on the side of the panels.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts