Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad luck struck yesterday. While riding I40 in OK, my left side saddlebag lid flew off after hitting a "bump" that nearly threw my wife off (if you drive through okc, avoid I40). I lost the lid, latches and all hardware involved. Harley dealer quoted me over 700 bucks for a replacement lid, latch and hardware. I've been looking over eBay and CL for a replacement lid in BBP, just need latch and hardware. Anyone got any leads? I'm willing to bet I can replace it all for less than 300.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Just curious, how do you loose a whole lid? I've seen them fly open, but never actually come all the way off. And trust me I've hit some big bumps............ :( BTW, you might want to try one of the online motorcycle salvage places.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
$700 sounds kinda high. The lid and latch cover painted BBP plus the latch assembly are the most expensive parts. But they only come to $435. Keep an eye on ebay.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I bought a set of fairing factory kids from eastern performance last year and they were spot on. I just had to paint them. I think they were less than 150.00 for the set. Try Ebay also.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Chop Shop in Sparks Nv has a whole mess of lids and hardware, might even
be able to match your color..they are open Mon/Fri
look up the number on the internet

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Just curious, how do you loose a whole lid? I've seen them fly open, but never actually come all the way off. And trust me I've hit some big bumps............ :( BTW, you might want to try one of the online motorcycle salvage places.
Yeah +1 on that. That's a strange one there. Glad to hear your wife is ok. Also check ebay. I'm buying a set of speaker lids for under $200 that just need paint. Maybe try that Mutazu.com site. They I believe give a discount if you tell them you're from this forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel your pain. I was riding through Houston this weekend
after hitting a bump keep hearing my tour pack rattling got to a stop light and notice the latches on tour pack was busted off. found new on ebay for $30 but will be calling PC Pain first for a price cause I need some some other parts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have good leads on locksets/faceplates? I've searched eBay/online and can only seem to find el-cheapo stuff that idk if I can trust or faceplates that cost 200 bucks. I only need the left side. Was able to find a lid for 99 bucks, however. ImageUploadedByMO Free1413838931.374592.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts