Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18 RGS wicked red and do not like the chrome saddlebag latches. Are those metal, can they be powder coated. I used a magnet and it stuck to the top and not the sides?! It almost feels like plastic. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I just bought the Black ones from Harley.. Along with the Jiffy stand.. Those Chrome pieces on the Blacked out bike really pissed me off!! They do have some weight to them so I would say there metal and could be powder coated..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Only 58.00 from HD. I'm not sure how much powder coat would be.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just bought the Black ones from Harley.. Along with the Jiffy stand.. Those Chrome pieces on the Blacked out bike really pissed me off!! They do have some weight to them so I would say there metal and could be powder coated..
Which jiffy stand did you buy ? Do you have a part # ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 58.00 from HD. I'm not sure how much powder coat would be.
I got a guy that powder coats in his garage..... cheap. I could probably get the handles and side stand done for under 50$. Just making sure they were metal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My dealer powdered my stand and lid latches for me as apart of my deal. So yes it can be done. And it looks way better lol

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
don't forget if you powder coat your jiffy stand you should also powder coat your Jiffy stand stop and mounting bracket...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I have a 18 RGS wicked red and do not like the chrome saddlebag latches. Are those metal, can they be powder coated. I used a magnet and it stuck to the top and not the sides?! It almost feels like plastic. Thanks in advanced
If you look on HD's website, the 18 RGS in Wicked Red comes with matching saddlebag latches. All 17 and 18 RGS models come with matching saddlebag latches except the hard candy colors. How come you have chrome?

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you look on HD's website, the 18 RGS in Wicked Red comes with matching saddlebag latches. All 17 and 18 RGS models come with matching saddlebag latches except the hard candy colors. How come you have chrome?
I think he is talking about the chrome latch lever you turn to open the lid.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 16 is metal I just removed them last night. Bought the Kuryakyn mesh. Nice thing about buying aftermarket is you get rid of the ugly but functional reflector. Mine are actually very heavy I thought they were plastic originally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts