Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have missed this on the website and these questions have been answered I apologize.

Has anyone had any experience with the Fairing Factory speaker lids? I am looking to add saddle bag speakers to my bike this winter and I am stuck between H-D, Hog Tunes, and Fairing Factory. The H-D lids and the Fairing Factory look very similar, the latter are less expensive. The main difference I see is the size of the speaker the lids will hold. Hog Tunes and Fairing Factory will take 6X9's and H-D 5X7. If I go with H-D I will use J&M speakers, as they appear to be better than the "BOOM" speakers H-D offers

Any thoughts??? Is this case where the cost reflects the quality of the item?:confused:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No opinions at all???:confused:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Im doing this now. Fairing factory for the price isn't bad. The best lid for the money as far as quality, ready for paint etc is the hogtunes. Don't waste your time or money on a 5x7 setup definitely go 6x9. I went with Cali biker club lids painted black for 199 dollars off eBay. Pretty nicely done lids.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I went with the same ones Mr laxinharley went with only unpainted for $175, they don't offer colors other than black. The quality of these are pretty good. They're nice and sturdy an they use all the stock hardware. I haven't put them on yet because they're at the painters now.

·
Super Moderator
12,749 Posts
I have Fairing Factory, very happy, only drawback is you have to buy the rubber to go around the inside. My painter said they didn't need much preparation.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the get back. I am definately leaning towards the 6X9 lids, trying to decide on whos speakers to use. Have heard enough bad about Hog Tunes I know I am not going to use their speakers even if I buy their lids.

Since I am going with J&M in the fairing I will see what they offer as far as 6X9. Not an audiophile like some on this forum. LOL I listen to all types, of music, just want to be able to hear and understand it at 75-80.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,749 Posts
No matter what lids you use, you won't be listening to the lids at 75-80, unless you're on the back seat.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"No matter what lids you use, you won't be listening to the lids at 75-80, unless you're on the back seat."

The lids and sound quality are for Momma at that speed. She has to be kept happy also.:D

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
For the rider, the fronts are much more important than the rear. For the price you can do much better than JM. Look at the Hertz HCX 165, Infinity Kappa, Polk MM series or even the Rockford power series.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks RichieRich,

I had Kickers on my Ultra and was not happy with the performance at all. I want to do this bike right and get the best qulity I can for the $$$.

Working and family man like most on this forum so can't afford to spend ever dime on my scoot (tempted but can't):rolleyes:. I believe a member had a set of Hertz on here for sale, but they sold quickly.

We have a bike show coming to town this weekend in DC. Think I may go up there, see if I can't find what I need at the show.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I already had J&M Rokkers in the fairing, lowers, and trunk pack so I went with their lids and speakers. Oh and as for not hearing then running 75-80 I have to disagree as well. Made a huge difference over just one pair in the rear.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speaker Lids

I just want to give a shout out to forum member Drew of HogPro. After careful consideration I went with Hog Tune Lids and contacted Drew for a price. His price even with shipping was way less than anything I could find in my own state. Heck for that matter anywhere on the east coast.

He shipped immediately and I had my lids from Cali to Maryland in a week. Excellent service man.

Now I am trying to decide on 6X9 speakers for the lids. My local tech wants to do RF speakers, others have recommended Bike Tronics, Infinity Kappas, Focals, ect. I'm leaning BT right now because they are water proof and have a lifetime warranty. Plus I believe they are produced here in the USA.

I will do some more research, and make a decision soon. No reason to rush right. Making our skoots ours is a journey not a race.:cool:

Thanks for all the assistance guys,

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I'm going with a set of polk 6x9 in the lids. I already have 6.5 polks in the stock location that I'm happy with.

·
Registered
184 Posts
CVO Speakers

I have question about the CVO speaker lids. I have been told by one HD dealer they will work on my 2011 custom and told by another they won't work. Does anyone run the CVO speakers on their non CVO scoot.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I second Hogtunes lids and also Get them from Drew at HogPro. Great price and great customer service.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have question about the CVO speaker lids. I have been told by one HD dealer they will work on my 2011 custom and told by another they won't work. Does anyone run the CVO speakers on their non CVO scoot.

As long as you have the standard saddlebags they will work. I ran them on my 2009 and my 2013. Running hog tunes now, which I resoundingly prefer over the HD lids.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts