Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the seat on my '20 RG Limited for when I am riding solo. Got a bony ass and usually have a pretty sore tailbone after a couple hundred miles of riding. Has anyone tried the Saddlemen Dominator Solo seat? Looks like it might be easy on the tail bone! Also, I am 6'1" and 34" inseam and I am looking to move back on the bike a little more than stock.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Looking to replace the seat on my '20 RG Limited for when I am riding solo. Got a bony ass and usually have a pretty sore tailbone after a couple hundred miles of riding. Has anyone tried the Saddlemen Dominator Solo seat? Looks like it might be easy on the tail bone! Also, I am 6'1" and 34" inseam and I am looking to move back on the bike a little more than stock.
That's not the seat you want. It sits you up and forward and is as hard as a brick. I endured 5k miles on one my wife made it 30 miles on the pad and said she'd never sit on that seat again. And I didn't argue with her. Used my Hammock seat when she went with me. It looks cool. But for me that's where it ended. The gel was hot all the time. And hard. Sold it on HD forums cheap.

Went with the HD lo profile solo. It's softer and sits you down and back and have ran it to Wyoming and back and just did 8 days through New England. On the 500+ mile days I toss on the Airhawk R. I've had this seat on 3 bikes. I also bought the backrest from CVObackrest.com love it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pod

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a brand new Danny Grey AirHawk solo seat with an adjustable bladder like the reebok pump old school sneakers. You can adjust how much air/stiffness you want the seat.
I am also 6'1" with a 34" inseam and it was perfect. $300 plus Shipping
seat3.jpg seat4.jpg seat5.jpg seat6.jpg seat7.jpg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had one. I found it comfortable but it does ride a little high. Didn’t work for my short legs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
FLTRXS 2018 Black , FLTRXS 2020 Blue , FXDB 2006 Blue
6 Posts
What about Corbin Classic Solo ?
Good feedback. The seat is very comfortable

·
Registered
FLTRXS 2018 Black , FLTRXS 2020 Blue , FXDB 2006 Blue
6 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. How do you think it will position me on the bike? Looking to move back a little from stock.
I can't say for sure. This is individual.
You must try it yourself

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So while looking at the Corbin Classic Solo I also found the Corbin Gunfighter saddle which looks really sharp. Seems to have a seat length of 16" which is a couple of inches longer than stock. Any reports on comfort of the Gunfighter saddle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts