Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running the Saddlemen Pro Tour seat on their RG? I am looking for a better seat for when the wife rides with, and it would just be a day tripper, not a long distance seat. I had the Mustang Wide tripper two piece, and it didn't have much for padding and comfort at all. So I sold that one on ebay, and looking at either the HD low leather two up, the rally seat, or the Saddlemen. I kind of like the idea of the gel padding. Also, the passenger seat is flay and not sloped backwards like a lot of seats including the stock seat.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
done

Well I went for it. The HD seats are just your typical foam and vinyl or leather, so I figured the Saddlemen had to be better with the gel insert as well as better foam, and a maintenance free covering that doesn't have a lot of stitching so it won't soak the rain in if its outside during a shower (I have a rain cover too). Hopefully momma will be happier around town and on poker runs, and I will have a better seat too vs. the stock or Mustang I just sold.

I do have the RSD Enzo which I love for just me, but that little bitch pad on the back doesn't work for momma. And I have a touring seat for the long hauls with momma, so I should be all covered then.

I will give a progress report as I am hoping to ride this weekend and it should be here in time.

Butt crack signing off>:)

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Great choice on the seat , and yes the mustang day tripper does not have enough padding, I have the sport tourer and my ole lady is happy with it, had a mustang ultra tour on my other scoot which was great too, I have never seen a low profile seat really be comfy, just looks nice, well good luck and keep us posted.:nerd:

· Registered
10,571 Posts
I heard the gel seats hold heat / cold. I never used one , just something I heard. On a better note, I hear they are more comfortable. :)

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Yes I also heard that, im not too keen on the gel, you can compress foam but not gel its a liquid, something to think about, either way , its better than the stock POS seat.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on the seat

I received the seat and went for a nice 150 mile ride. The rider seat was very comfortable. The foam and gel was very nice, I think it is softer than a Corbin, but more firm than a stock HD seat. The bucket on the rider area was nice and supportive. The passenger pillion was a bit small, but at least it is flat, and the foam is very nice and comfy. Overall, I like the seat and will keep it. Much better for two up around town than the Mustang Wide tripper 2-piece. Also better than the stock seat as the passenger area is not sloped backwards, so a backrest isn't 100% necessary. the material feels nice and looks to be of high quality.

the only negatives are the bracket to bolt it on could have been done a little better (Like RSD or even stock). And the seat bumpers aren't very big, so when you sit on the bike, the front where it meets the tank, separates about 1/2" or so. Not a huge deal, but just something I noticed.

Overall 4 out of 5 stars.

· Registered
476 Posts
I received the seat and went for a nice 150 mile ride. The rider seat was very comfortable. The foam and gel was very nice, I think it is softer than a Corbin, but more firm than a stock HD seat. The bucket on the rider area was nice and supportive. The passenger pillion was a bit small, but at least it is flat, and the foam is very nice and comfy. Overall, I like the seat and will keep it. Much better for two up around town than the Mustang Wide tripper 2-piece. Also better than the stock seat as the passenger area is not sloped backwards, so a backrest isn't 100% necessary. the material feels nice and looks to be of high quality.

the only negatives are the bracket to bolt it on could have been done a little better (Like RSD or even stock). And the seat bumpers aren't very big, so when you sit on the bike, the front where it meets the tank, separates about 1/2" or so. Not a huge deal, but just something I noticed.

Overall 4 out of 5 stars.
How do you find the overall quality? I have heard that Saddleman has slipped in recent years and were not putting out the well made, quality product they once did. I also have a mustang Wide Tripper and while it is a decent seat for around town and short hops, longer runs get a bit uncomfortable. Pictures would be nice too ;)

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the quality is good. Just as good as any other seat I've seen. The covering and stitching is good. The materials, pan, foam, etc. all good. Like I said, just the mounting bracket and fit on the bike could be a bit better, but overall a nice seat. And less $$ than most of the other seats too.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.