Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. Interested in taking a wrecked electraglide and making a road glide. I am sure some of y'all have done this. Any advice, comments, parts needed, where to get parts, etc would be very much appreciated. I have an 08 street glide but want to build a road glide. Thank you in advance. Tim

·
Super Moderator
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as t&t said, do a search, a few people have done the conversion, you also may want to send PMs to some members for more precise details.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
better start feeding the checkbook!

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's why I have one of each... 2005 E-Glide and 2012 Road Glide.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found an Electra at a pretty good price. Haven't found a RG yet. Or believe me Id start with it. LOL

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
FYI ---- It may become a pain in the a$$ with a salvage title to register it and get a license plate. I know in CT they want to see paperwork, receipts and VIN numbers for EVERY part that gets put on the bike to make it road worthy again and it has to get inspected. Don't know about your state but you may want to look into that before you commit to a bike with a salvage title. Just sayin :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
FYI ---- It may become a pain in the a$$ with a salvage title to register it and get a license plate. I know in CT they want to see paperwork, receipts and VIN numbers for EVERY part that gets put on the bike to make it road worthy again and it has to get inspected. Don't know about your state but you may want to look into that before you commit to a bike with a salvage title. Just sayin :)
+1 on this, In KY even with the paper trail there is no guarantee I could get it reg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts