Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new GTS and have my Samsung Galaxy S8+ connected via bluetooth. I have two issues and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for how to fix these...

1) When I turn my bike on, it always starts on FM. I'm hoping I can get it to start connected to my phone's music. Maybe after I put songs on a USB, it will default to that (not sure yet).

2) When the GTS radio starts up and I switch to bluetooth, the current song playing is correctly displayed on the screen (Artist,Title,length,etc..). But then when the next song starts, the original song info stays on the screen. I'm not sure why it doesn't change. This is another thing that I hope will work correctly when I put my tunes on a USB flash drive. The bluetooth in my car always displays correctly, so I'm not sure what's up with this GTS.

I did update my GTS with the latest update a few days ago. FYI.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Believe the radio defaults to last source you had when it turned off (FM, USB, etc). I had no problems streaming on the new GTS and song info displayed with Sirius anyway. If you’re getting the info for one song it may be the app you’re streaming from. BTW older iPods don’t work on the new radio. And I didn’t like using a stick. So I have an old iPhone 5 loaded up that stays on the bike and it works great with song info, album art etc. BTW I have a Samsung S8.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe the radio defaults to last source you had when it turned off (FM, USB, etc). I had no problems streaming on the new GTS and song info displayed with Sirius anyway. If you’re getting the info for one song it may be the app you’re streaming from. BTW older iPods don’t work on the new radio. And I didn’t like using a stick. So I have an old iPhone 5 loaded up that stays on the bike and it works great with song info, album art etc. BTW I have a Samsung S8.
Mine does not default back to the bluetooth when I turn it back on for some reason. I have to change it from FM to my Samsung bluetooth. I suppose I could try another music app but I'm using Samsung Music, which works fine in the car.

I may just have to use an older iPhone like you. I do have some leftovers from when the family upgraded...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine does not default back to the bluetooth when I turn it back on for some reason. I have to change it from FM to my Samsung bluetooth. I suppose I could try another music app but I'm using Samsung Music, which works fine in the car.

I may just have to use an older iPhone like you. I do have some leftovers from when the family upgraded...
Don’t know if it will default back to BT

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 18 and mine used to connect to BT automatically but then i had the dealer update it for an issue where when i tried to forward to the next track it would go to FM. Anyways BT works now it just defaults to FM.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have a 15 RGS and it defaults to FM or USB stick, not BT. And it shows songs and album artwork if it's not buried directories deep. If everything is in the root of the stick it works great but if you have rock folder, Led Zeppelin folder, In through the out door folder. You can manually get there and play but the artwork won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts