Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first two up trip on the RG.

Our plans was to get on the other side of Baton Rouge the first night and then see how far we felt like riding. Turns out we made it all the way to Gulfport MS.

A very uneventful ride along I-10 other than some rain and traffic around Slidell.

The next day we stopped in St Pete and checked out the beach.

We had never been to Key West.

Met some interesting people.

Liked the casual night life atmosphere.

Interesting Drinks

CeeGars

Took a boat ride for dinner at Sunset Keys.

Key lime Pie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watched the famous sunset.

...and got the picture.

Almost made in to Pensacola from KW the first day back.....but the rain was just too much.

The next day was no better.

Finally...

We spent the night in NOLA and rode home the next day.

The bike was flawless. The most stable bike I have ever ridden in that kinda storm.

The Banana Boards and Corbin seat made the trip very comfortable for me and Mrs Whip was very happy the entire trip....even in all that rain.

Next week I am heading to the west coast to ride PCH.

I will take better pictures...these were with my phone.

Whip

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Congrats on a great trip. How did you convince the wife to ride that far? I'm not having that kind of luck.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Nice ride. What's up with those monster rainstorms. I rode through there in March and there was a big storm like that.
hey Whipp how was the Key Lime Pie????????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice ride. What's up with those monster rainstorms. I rode through there in March and there was a big storm like that.
hey Whipp how was the Key Lime Pie????????

The pie was amazing!

Nothing like what we find around here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on a great trip. How did you convince the wife to ride that far? I'm not having that kind of luck.

Many years of training.

She has over 200,000 miles on the back of my bikes and I think this is the best one for her.

Really...I think she is afraid I will leave her home and she will not go anywhere or see anything.

:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts