Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on returning to Houston from San Diego, Ca in mid May 2020 and wanted to know the pros vs cons on traveling hwy 8. Have heard negatives & positives on taking this route and wanted to get others views.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I've not been on Hwy 8 but it seems a short stint since it ends just south of Phoenix compared to the rest of your travel. I-10 from El Paso to Houston is where it's gonna hurt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Take 8. It’s a no brainer unless you prefer cages over mountains. Your talking asshole to bellybutton of shit drivers on the 10. THEN there’s PHX.
UNLESS.... You’re cutting through the mountains and landing on the 10... . Then there’s the 10.
I would avoid it. Don each route maybe a 100 times.
Either way the 8 is in better condition. Once you leave SD, you’ll have elcentro to fill, or Yuma, after Yuma, it’s 101 miles to ghila bend.

The 10 sucks ass.

Leaving SD may be the best part of your trip.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
I-10 from El Paso to Houston is where it's gonna hurt.
Anytime I am riding it is great...but I have to say that stretch from El Pisso to about Kerrville is the most bored I have ever been while riding. The only thing that kept me awake was trying to identify all of the road kill along the highway. Well that and the truckers doing 90+ passing you!! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts