Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my sancho wings today , hope the help with my wind issue , i have a 14 inch windvest and i am 6.2 , and my glasses jump all over the place from the wind , i bought the windvest from a friend and cant return it so i hope this helps

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the little flaps the fit on the crash bar under the faring , is that what you are talking about ? they are plastic and clip on , yea i wish i could do a different seat i have the stock anniversary seat on it now , the wife wishes she sat higher, and i would like to sit a little lower , not sure what seat to use for that and they cost so much to test

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes, you have the same part he was telling you about. I have the same HD wind deflectors, Sancho's Wings and a 12" Klock Werks (I'm 6' with a 34" inseam) and I am happy.

Each went on one step at a time due to delivery times, and each step made a dramatic improvement. The Sancho's ROCK.

Protip: When you're riding along and notice that you're a bit hot due to the wind not hitting you much anymore, spread your knees apart wide. The air being deflected out by the Sancho's is going just a few inches out from your legs... spreading your knees outwards will catch that air, and throw it up your torso without a buffeting feeling. Quick cool-off....

·
Registered
471 Posts
i have the little flaps the fit on the crash bar under the faring , is that what you are talking about ? they are plastic and clip on , yea i wish i could do a different seat i have the stock anniversary seat on it now , the wife wishes she sat higher, and i would like to sit a little lower , not sure what seat to use for that and they cost so much to test
There are lots of places that customize seats. Have them shave your seat where your legs can drop a bit lower (shave around thigh contact area), and you can have different padding added or removed at the same time. This way the seat is molded for YOUR butt (and her butt) and will do exactly what you want it to do.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The frame isnt wide enough to customize the seat like that for her but :D ( Glad she dont look at the forums ) I have seen on here where the companys do that , forgot all about having the seat redone , i will look into that

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
I suggest having a custom seat made. I did this with my factory seat and it worked out great. They can use your current seat pan and then modify the foam as needed. The result is a seat which truly meet your collective needs 100%.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am 6'3" and went to a Windvest 16 inch on my 2012 RGU. It was a big improvement in itself, but when I installed the HD wind deflectors most of the remaining buffeting was gone. You may want to try the HD wind deflectors as well.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The wings will make a difference but 2 other things that may help if you don't already have them are the HD crash bar wind deflectors and a lowered seat position.
6' & 32" inseam

Madstad 13"
Hoggchopps
Sanchos
Mustang solow seat
+ ____________
= a gentle wafing breeze at 75 MPH.

(photos on my gallery)

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm almost 6'2". I have the Windvest 14' shield, and the CVO fairing baffles installed.

I still had a fair amount of buffeting until I installed the Sanch's Wings. Problem is about 85-90% solved, which is fine, so I'm giving the Sancho's Wing a huge thumbs up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I went through a bunch of windshield, added the fairing baffles and Sancho's wings and I really never found anything that made a noticeable difference. A little help here and there, but nothing significant. I could still trace the air coming from under the fairing to my knees and right up to my ears, helmet and glasses. Then I added vented lowers and buffeting disappeared. I had the Sancho’s wings off for a while after I put the lowers on, then put them back on and it helped even more. I know others have found the same thing.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well i hope they make a diffrence for me,havent ridden my roadie yet with them on,but i will in a week or two,the paddles made a big diffrence,so if its equal to that i will be happy,anymore wind coverage i will just drive my jeep LOL:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
In a word, Yes.
Highly recommended before taking to a dealer for service. For some reason dealers have a habit of breaking them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts