Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set and installed them on my RGU. Worked very well and really lowered the wind around my head. Now my wife complains that her right foot and leg are real hot. I held my hand there for a few seconds and she is correct. The heat in that area is nearly unbearable. Has anyone else had this problem? If so were you able to find a fix? I really like the wings and am trying hard to overcome this problem. I removed and sold the fairing lowers. I have little to no need here in Fl for them. Just too hot. Anyway suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the cat is gone. Replaced with Rinehart TD. Did not have heat issues with wife until I put the wings on. Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. If so is there a fix. If not the wife will be wearing asbestos socks.:D:eek:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
How does the sancho wings go on the bike? do you have to drill holes or they 3m'd taped on? was always curious because drilling holes in my fairing, just the thought of it brings chills down my back lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
How does the sancho wings go on the bike? do you have to drill holes or they 3m'd taped on? was always curious because drilling holes in my fairing, just the thought of it brings chills down my back lol
The wings include longer screws that are used in an existing receiver. One screw per wing. And double sided tape for the edge. I have no problems with their stability. They can be removed. Googone to remove any residue. Back to OEM.

I live in N Florida. I keep my HoggChops lower fairings on all year. Also Madstad 13" windshield, + Sanchos. Original headers with CVO mufflers, fullsac 2", OEM headers. No complaints from me or wife that bike is uncomfortable to ride.

I do have the HD optional heat deflector installed that connects below the rear of the rider saddle and extends from top frame about 3", If you don't have that, get it. It is only about $35. It is a must have and could solve your problem.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Now when the sancho wings are installed do they turn or bend, lets say I have them on the bike but don't want them flapped out do they turn in at all?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Now when the sancho wings are installed do they turn or bend, lets say I have them on the bike but don't want them flapped out do they turn in at all?
No they do not, they are stationary.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got a set of sancho wings last winter. I was not impressed after about two months, I removed them and they are sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The Sancho Wings are a good concept and Sancho is good to work with so I have no complaints there. The Sancho EARS as I call them makes my bike look like Dumbo but lets get to the basics, the wings catch more air so you will get more pull in high wind situations and they may affect mpg''s as well and the screws rust . The wings also rubbed the paint off the corner of the glove box doors on my painted inner fairing. I use to use them but after I repainted the glove box doors I did not put them back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts