Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be picking up some santee 12" tbars tomorrow for the new glide. I looked and didn't see anything on the forum about these...is there anyone has them or knows someone who does? I'm hoping I can put them on with the stock cables.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I'm going to be picking up some santee 12" tbars tomorrow for the new glide. I looked and didn't see anything on the forum about these...is there anyone has them or knows someone who does? I'm hoping I can put them on with the stock cables.
I don't know what year your bike is but I would say definitly. There is plenty of wire for the insides up to about 14" on the newer bikes, and your clutch and brake cables should fit fine. You may have to re-route the clutch but it should fit because your going T-bars. 12" is about the limit you can go with cables depending on your pullback. I don't think you'll have a problem because you have no pull back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 rgc. I am only worried about the clutch wire...that and deciding to drill holes or jus cut the plastic piece off...I'm getting a super deal on the bars that's y I'm getting that brand. But to get them installed is rediclously priced lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a video or know of a video that will explain the steps of install of tbars on a rgc? I'm going to attempt this on my own rather then pay 400 to a shop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forum member bigjim1661 from Hole shot choppers might be able to give you some recommendations/ tips. He sells T bars and had them on his RoadGlide, but someone else on here bought the bike i think.
yeah i was interested in his bike as well. but i got a good deal on a brand new one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i did get them on. and i didnt have to change cables or wires. i did however end up messing up my mode button. the one that changes am fm and cd/ aux. i can still press it down to change channels but i cant press it up or in. i mean i can but it isnt functional.. here are some pics of the work and the finished project.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so when i get some more time i will open up the throttle side control and i hope i can fix the broken switch

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
metal dragon, in hayward he orders all my parts that i dont get from a dealer or from friends/people who are selling something less then new cost.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man i am the same way! they didnt look that cool but once on they are sick...and the feel is great! they kinda have a bend to them that comes to a very relaxed feel while riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OushMMCP- Can you post a pic from the side of you sitting on the bike? I would like to see where 12in risers puts your riding posoition. Thanks, the bars look good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts