Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local bike night and talked to a vendor there that offered SAPPHIRE V1 Nano Ceramic Science paint protection. I had never heard of this product and looked it up on the web. Seems like it first started out for high end private jets.

Has anyone heard or know of this product or used it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ive been applying paint coatings for the last few years but I have not heard of them. Doesn't mean the product isn't any good though. Looks like they are a PRO only coating. Meaning you have to have a license, insurance, etc. Sign their contract and use their products. Most companies have 2 versions of their product consumer and pro. I quality coating applied correctly is the best protection possible

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been applying paint coatings for the last few years but I have not heard of them. Doesn't mean the product isn't any good though. Looks like they are a PRO only coating. Meaning you have to have a license, insurance, etc. Sign their contract and use their products. Most companies have 2 versions of their product consumer and pro. I quality coating applied correctly is the best protection possible
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just going to stay with a good wax to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just going to stay with a good wax to keep it looking good.
Polishing the paint is the key for good looking paint. Wax usually gives a very deep look. Not a "Hard candy shell look", I like both. I haven't waxed a car in years for customers. In florida with the sun, it just doesn't last long enough for them. Wax is also a dust magnet. Living in florida Im sure you know all about the pollen and dust we are having now. For my customers I always suggest a sealant or a coating. It comes down to how much they want to spend.
As far as "Snake Oils" There are plenty of them out there. However, there are some very high quality coatings on the market today. I did a SUV almost 4 years ago that the coating is still going strong.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polishing the paint is the key for good looking paint. Wax usually gives a very deep look. Not a "Hard candy shell look", I like both. I haven't waxed a car in years for customers. In florida with the sun, it just doesn't last long enough for them. Wax is also a dust magnet. Living in florida Im sure you know all about the pollen and dust we are having now. For my customers I always suggest a sealant or a coating. It comes down to how much they want to spend.
As far as "Snake Oils" There are plenty of them out there. However, there are some very high quality coatings on the market today. I did a SUV almost 4 years ago that the coating is still going strong.
Thanks for the info, I would consider a coating, but just not sure which one is actually a good product.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks for the info, I would consider a coating, but just not sure which one is actually a good product.
I use 22PLE the most. Expensive but for me it has worked the best. For ease of use, Optimum gloss coat. CQuartz is also very good

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use 22PLE the most. Expensive but for me it has worked the best. For ease of use, Optimum gloss coat. CQuartz is also very good
Thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts