Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning New England Road Glide riders. Although I now live in SW Florida (perfect riding weather, but boring riding roads) I wanted to put together one last ride with some of my New England/NY riding friends from this site.

I'm going to ride from FL back to Thornton, NH for the 20th Annual White Mt. Boogie and Blues Festival on August 19/20/21. I've enjoyed this terrific blues festival for 5 -6 years now. "Springer Todd" has ridden up from Maryland each year to join me. We ride in the mornings and attend the festival from about noon on. I'd encourage anyone who likes the blues to check out this festival at:

http://www.whitemountainboogie.com/

Charity Ride Info:

I'm in the process of putting together Uncle Fuzzy's Charity Ride II for the following weekend - August 26/27/28. (That is NOT the Labor Day holiday weekend, Labor Day is the following weekend). There will be no official registration, no official rides, no official anything. Just show up and have fun. I'll 'pass the hat' at some point over the weekend to collect a few bucks to donate to a local animal shelter. Couples and solo riders welcome.

This week I'll be contacting the Town and Country Motor Inn in Gorham, NH to do a room block and hopefully negotiate a discounted room rate. Additional info will be posted here as it becomes available. We already have several people from NY, MA, NH, and Maine who are coming. Hope to see you there.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is probably the last time I'll ride from Fl to NH/Maine so I just had to take advantage of my being there to put together a last northern New England ride with some old friends and hopefully a few new ones. We'll ride by day and enjoy the comradarie at night, with the focus on just relaxing and having some fun. Y2K - I know you also have 2-3 others that are planning on riding up with you. I look forward to seeing you. Warning, be cautious around Glide 69's bike, every where it goes these big long black snakes seem to follow it! LOL.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I spoke with the owner of the T&C today and he's blocked 20 rooms for Fri/Sat August 26/27. He'll send me a proposal regarding a special rate next week. Check back here for more info next week.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Also saving the date but Kathy can't she will be taking care of the three young ones (8-7-6 years old)

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Bob ya better follow kev up there , make sure someone is there to catch him if he kix over , kev ya need ta hook wit bob thursday and go wit us to kentuckee

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack, Bob told me that he was going to the pork chop run and I told him that I had taken a look at going but it just wasn't in the cards this year .... maybe next year. And yes, I had a few doubts about my willingness and ability to ride from here to NH/ME - due mostly to my right knee that needs replacing. It dawned on my that I'm retired now and I don't have to make it there in 3 days ... I can take my time and do some easy 300-400 mile days. As "Clint" said, "A man's gotta know his limitations!"

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We've put it on our calendar. Hoping to hit the blues festival at least 1 day with you.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ya, there is one official activity on an Uncle Fuzzy ride .... there's a mandatory stop for ice cream in the afternoon.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't sure in the beginning, looks like I'm in. (someone has to keep y2kflhr in order):wink:
Mike already had you committed .... or maybe I read it wrong and he said that you should be committed to an institution!

I should have the particulars on the room rate, etc. to post here this coming week.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like fun, Im gonna try to make this. Someone has to keep an eye on both Y2kflhr & Mischief.
That makes you either very brave ... or very dumb. Whichever it turns out to be, based on their behavior, you're certainly welcome to join in. The more, the merrier. Typically several will get to the T&C by noon-ish and then do a ride that afternoon, others will arrive Friday evening. Everyone is on their own for dinner but usually a group will end up going to the brew pub near the Sunday River Ski Area. It's a nice spirited ride of about 30 minutes with most being over fast, smooth sweepers on Rte 2 towards Bethel. Others will eat at the
T & C which has very good food, or grab something in Gorham. Then back to the T&C bar or parking lot for some catching up and some BS.

·
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Todd's good people..

what route do you take?
Not sure who you're addressing the question to or how well you know the area. The Town and Country Motor Inn is located on the Shelburne/Gorham NH town line on Rte 2. Going north/west on Rte. 2 Shelburne is the first hamlet when you cross the Maine/NH border. Our day rides usually include some of the following: Mt. Washington Auto Rd; Evans Notch Rd. (Rte. 113); Kankamangus Highway; Grafton Notch; 'Height of Land' near Rangeley Maine; etc. So many choices, so little time. 1-2 of the guys with more local experience will offer to lead rides for anyone that wants to join them. 2-3 may chose to go off and ride on their own. Whether it's dinner Friday night, or riding and dinner Saturday evening, everyone has the opportunity to join a group or to do their own thing. Some will ride Sunday and leave Monday a.m., while most will head for home sometime Sunday. I think both 'Springer Todd" and I will stay over Sunday so we can ride for the day, and then leave Monday a.m.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts