Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know about your area, but this spring has been basically psychotic in terms of weather here in southern Ohio. Weekend riding opportunities have been sketchy. Just last weekend we had one of the coldest and wettest 3-day stretches over Memorial Day weekend that I can recall. But here comes summer....

First weekend in June and it’s a warm one here. Forecast for 86 today. Last evening I pulled everything possible off the bike. Seat, tour pak pad, and bags were off to do a wash. Then dry and polish. Planning was for an early ride through several counties and visit Marietta, OH. When the dawn came we were finishing coffee and getting gear together. The sunrise was summer-sweet and ...because I’m a photobug... I decided to shoot some early morning images for your hopeful enjoyment.

Still early....
DA227A3D-1DE4-48F5-A293-5EE7A95E13B4.jpeg

Noisy mockingbird somewhere in the tree. Crescent moon still hanging.
258780F7-F8D3-4E0C-9985-2563148696CB.jpeg

And finally the friend of all bikers makes his debut. It’s so nice to see the sunrise.
AAF1438C-0E32-48E0-A5FE-6721AA23AF78.jpeg

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
ST you sure do have a talent when it comes to taking pics. I'm glad you finally have some decent weather to enjoy. Keep taking that camera on your rides. No complaints with the weather here in SoCal but Im not getting views like that from my driveway lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It turned out to be a truly gorgeous day to ride here. We did about 250 miles of combined 4 lane ...twisty 2 lane... and around-town riding. Lunch was in a beautiful veterans park with a view of the Muskingum River. We almost always picnic when we ride, preferring our food to the high fat / high calorie fare in many hangouts.

We popped into S&P Harley in Williamstown, WV. There were zero customers in there when we arrived, but we brought them a dozen or more by the time we departed. The parking lot was buzzing with bikes. Of note was a complete cherry of a bike in the showroom. Get this: A 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO (colors red & gray) with only ....choke....2000 miles on it. The darn thing was as beautiful as they get. The seat and tour pak backrest looked brand new as though it had just been built. We gawked at it and I told the salesman the only reason I wouldn’t jump on it....at $26k....was I simply had no use for it currently. You had to see it to understand how pristine it was.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ST you sure do have a talent when it comes to taking pics. I'm glad you finally have some decent weather to enjoy. Keep taking that camera on your rides. No complaints with the weather here in SoCal but Im not getting views like that from my driveway lol.
Thanks....I suppose it makes sense to explain I’ve been shooting pictures avidly since high school. I was shooting bike pictures with a Polaroid back in the mid-‘70s, and then graduated to a Canon SLR and film. But the pics I posted for this thread were taken with an iPhone. Definitely nice to live way out in the hills and farm country. We frequently get gorgeous sunrises and sunsets from our hill. There are times when I think I’d give my left something to be riding in So Cal though....change of scenery thing!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks....I suppose it makes sense to explain I’ve been shooting pictures avidly since high school. I was shooting bike pictures with a Polaroid back in the mid-‘70s, and then graduated to a Canon SLR and film. But the pics I posted for this thread were taken with an iPhone. Definitely nice to live way out in the hills and farm country. We frequently get gorgeous sunrises and sunsets from our hill. There are times when I think I’d give my left something to be riding in So Cal though....change of scenery thing!
Hello June

btw.......still have my AE1

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I don’t know about your area, but this spring has been basically psychotic in terms of weather here in southern Ohio. Weekend riding opportunities have been sketchy. Just last weekend we had one of the coldest and wettest 3-day stretches over Memorial Day weekend that I can recall. But here comes summer....

First weekend in June and it’s a warm one here. Forecast for 86 today. Last evening I pulled everything possible off the bike. Seat, tour pak pad, and bags were off to do a wash. Then dry and polish. Planning was for an early ride through several counties and visit Marietta, OH. When the dawn came we were finishing coffee and getting gear together. The sunrise was summer-sweet and ...because I’m a photobug... I decided to shoot some early morning images for your hopeful enjoyment.

Still early....
View attachment 427866

Noisy mockingbird somewhere in the tree. Crescent moon still hanging.
View attachment 427867

And finally the friend of all bikers makes his debut. It’s so nice to see the sunrise.
View attachment 427868
Looks good..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Q-Hog.

Hey guys....this isn't my thread exclusively. If you've got some good June (or even May) pics ....ante up boys!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts