Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
It turned out to be a truly gorgeous day to ride here. We did about 250 miles of combined 4 lane ...twisty 2 lane... and around-town riding. Lunch was in a beautiful veterans park with a view of the Muskingum River. We almost always picnic when we ride, preferring our food to the high fat / high calorie fare in many hangouts.

We popped into S&P Harley in Williamstown, WV. There were zero customers in there when we arrived, but we brought them a dozen or more by the time we departed. The parking lot was buzzing with bikes. Of note was a complete cherry of a bike in the showroom. Get this: A 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO (colors red & gray) with only ....choke....2000 miles on it. The darn thing was as beautiful as they get. The seat and tour pak backrest looked brand new as though it had just been built. We gawked at it and I told the salesman the only reason I wouldn’t jump on it....at $26k....was I simply had no use for it currently. You had to see it to understand how pristine it was.
That's a damn nice lookin' scoot ST! Love the paint job, custom or CVO?

Also, did the '16 RGUltra look close to this? This is the same one I traded in to downgrade, as I don't do long travel trips anymore and needed something with less weight, which was a RGS last weekend.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
That's a damn nice lookin' scoot ST! Love the paint job, custom or CVO?

Also, did the '16 RGUltra look close to this? This is the same one I traded in to downgrade, as I don't do long travel trips anymore and needed something with less weight, which was a RGS last weekend.
View attachment 427973
Right on the money. How often does a guy find a 5 year old CVO in totally pristine condition with only 2k miles?

My paint is custom, but a surprising number of riders have wondered if it's a CVO. When I was planning out the paint I told the painter I was going for a "CVO-Plus" look. Not crazy or super-wild. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Right on the money. How often does a guy find a 5 year old CVO in totally pristine condition with only 2k miles?

My paint is custom, but a surprising number of riders have wondered if it's a CVO. When I was Iplanning out the paint I told the painter I was going for a "CVO-Plus" look. Not crazy or super-wild. Thanks.
IKR... Mine would have had more when traded in, but cash was tight after being laid off after 14 years through and acquisition and then again for covid. So I was out for13 months out of 24.... Don't really want to waste money on gas/maintenance when you have to pay to keep everything you got. I was at the point of having to let it go, when I got a job. I had maybe 1-2 more payments before selling or going defunct. However, my ride did have almost 16k.

Right on for the paint job. I thought it was more custom than CVO. If I ever want to paint my midnight crimson, it may be along the same color lines as yours. A dark maroon with a titanium grey that will pop out with metal flake and maybe have a little two tone color, like a snake venom, but that's down the road as the bike's a week old! haha

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Korazu....I get you on that clearly. Hopefully your road ahead has less bumps.

Custom paint isn't for everyone, or even for very many. It's not the easiest thing to get set up and make happen. Then there's the significant cost. But it's a great reward every time you ride, and know your bike is unique from all the others you'll see.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Beautiful scoot and beautiful pics. Love both. Normally I'd have a ton of pics on here by this time of year; but not up to that talent level. You definitely have a "gift"

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks Jacksprat. The truth is that I just look for neat opportunities and take advantage when I see them. I’ve loved good photography forever, and the best part nowadays is no more archaic film developing and waiting.

This thread is for anybody who is glad it’s June!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks Long....and welcome to Road Glide Forums!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Zedbra....some very serious wow-power in those photos. Love seeing the mountains. Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Great pics mhopton. The BRP looks inviting. Safe travels all around.

June keeps looking better and better. :cool:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
First official day of summer is almost upon us. This thread is just begging for some more great photos.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts