Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to put the SC 204 cams in my 2013 Road glide. Is there and thing else I should or need to do.
Need more top end performance.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
keep us posted on this,i am looking at either the 204's or woods 222's

·
Registered
575 Posts
SE 204's are low end to mid range cams. Many better choices for top end performance. Check out the dyno section and look at some charts with different cams and look at the curves they produce and see where they make power. Then you could talk to some builders that are sponsors here and tell them your riding style and they can help you make the right decision. Drago's, Hillside, or FuelMoto would be good places to start.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had 204's put in my 03 heritage trike conversion along with a reflash, I would have loved a dyno tune but no trike capable dyno around. Lots more mid range torque which is just what the trike needed. Before the cam change the thing would not pull at all on the freeway in high gear, but after it has nice amount of power.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I've got the 204s in my 2012 RGU with a SERT and decatted head pipe with CFRs and I'm getting 82.22 hp and 101.35 tq that day on the dyno. I really like these cams they seem to me to pull from start to finish but that's just me

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had the SE 204 cams put in my 2011 fltrx this spring. Cobra power duel head pipe with V & H monster ovals, power vision tuner . I have never had It on the dyno and I have never had cam's before this so I have nothing to compare to. But I do know that the bike pulls a lot more through the low and mid range rpm's. For just a bolt in cam I really like it.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
From where I am standing he said more top end performance,these are all torque/low end cams, I feel more research is in order?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Your right road dawg I reread his post. I think that's what I need to start doing before I ever respond anymore it's like I just scan over it. I would call Brian at fuel moto or bob woods I hear bob will go over everything with you and then let you know what will work best and after talking with Brian at FM he told me that they use his cams also

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There are a ton of cams available that are better than the 204's. I have tried a bunch of cams and my favorite for a stock 103 is

Dragos 580 this cam leaves more options later like heads and more compression. The more you give them the better.

The Andrews 48's are killer in a stock 103. Nice and quiet and great low to mid.

The Andrews 57's are nice but really need a bump in compression to get them going.

The woods 222's are great cams but leave a loud valve train . Great low end cam to mid range.

The woods 555's are nice but leave a loud valve train but really need a bump in compression to make them shine. At least 10.2:1

Pretty much all the cams that are mid to top end need a bump in compression to make them shine.

The tman TQ555's are nice and quite and pull really nice. But IMO need a bump in compression.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I agree, there are many cams out there to choose from,you just have to see what works for your application and what future plans you might have. I left my 96 inch alone so feuling 525 cams were dead on,pulling hard all the way up,very linear torque curve,i know a lot of members don't use this cam but it performs exceptionally well, you just need to ask yourself what is best for your particular application.:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
To the OP, if you ride 2 up and loaded a lot, the 204's are a little soft below 2800 but pull like a train from there to 5250.

IMO, The Andrews 57 is the "best bang for the buck" bolt in cam in a stage 2 103.

The 57's are the only ones that I have seen that will consistently crack 100 tq at 2500 rpms, most other "bolt in" cams designed for a stock head and compression 103 will hit 100tq between 2800-3000 rpms.

You can feel this difference in the seat of pants.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New Bike

Not going to put them in my bike, picking up my new 2015 RG Special.

Wonder if they would just as good in the new high out put engine?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Many HD dealers offering the 204 cam for the 103 as best option. Check the aftermarket cam better hp/tq than HD for same expenses. Mid 80's hp and below 100 tq for a cam upgrade?????
Opted for the 57h from Andrews pull strong low and no more down shift passing on highway speeds. 98 hp 109 tq

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I agree aftermarket cams provide better power and performance, I not knocking SE cams but they are designed to be EPA compliant and that restricts how much performance your going to get from a set of cams, I also looked at the Andrews myself, a good choice, I went with the feuling because I have a 96 inch motor and the power band comes on at 1750rpm to 5200 exactly where I wanted it. Way better choice out there than SE IMO.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree aftermarket cams provide better power and performance, I not knocking SE cams but they are designed to be EPA compliant and that restricts how much performance your going to get from a set of cams, I also looked at the Andrews myself, a good choice, I went with the feuling because I have a 96 inch motor and the power band comes on at 1750rpm to 5200 exactly where I wanted it. Way better choice out there than SE IMO.
Not all SE cams are EPA cams, only the ones that the part number ends in E,
254e, 259e, ect.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts